cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution for disappearing offers

Saving4Fun

Hello everyone and Happy Friday! I’m sure some of you already thought of this, but I know I often overlook the simplest solutions, Several of us have been experience a recurring issue with offers suddenly disappearing. Oddly, it happens only while I’m in a store, and sometimes causes me to forget I even had the offer. Tonight, I realized that’s why I kept forgetting the offer on Sprite 20 oz. I’ve had the offer on my list for a few days, but kept forgetting to grab one when going thru checkout, probably because it was disappearing. Either way, I remembered while at Publix tonight, and when I scanned the barcode, nothing was there. I know from previous experience that these disappearing offer always return within minutes of me leaving the store, but I still debated what to do. I didn’t want to delay the six other offers I was redeeming, so I decided to purchase the Sprite separately, which worked out perfectly. I submitted my first receipt before leaving and received instant credit on my six other offers. As I headed toward Target, I made sure to check for the Sprite offer before I got too close to Target, and sure enough, the offer had re-appeared. I submitted my second receipt and received instant credit for the Sprite offer along with the inconspicuous offer on Any Ginger Beer. These certainly weren’t huge money-making offers, but they did get me closer to Dublin. I’m glad I decided to go ahead with the purchase, but more importantly, I avoided having to re-submit the same receipt. That eliminates any chance of my account getting flagged, and I’ve already had enough of that issue. Hope this helps someone and good luck on your weekend shopping adventures. I hope to see y’all in Dublin soon. I’m now only six offers away!

53 Replies

Re: Solution for disappearing offers

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

This is my experience: the minute I scan an item in store to check if it qualifies as an offer, the Ibotta server knows I'm in the store. Then, as if by magic, offers start disappearing. This needs to be investigated immediately. I now just write down each particular offer details on my shopping list before I go shopping. I try as best I can to NOT scan an item while in store. Also, as soon as I get my receipt, I scan it for offer redemption. This has been the only successful way I've found to get all my checked offers to redeem without problems. I shouldn't have to jump through all these hoops as it takes the fun out of this process and makes it like work to get my rebates. I'd really like to know why the Ibotta server keeps playing these games with us. 

Dtgemini
Shopper

Unfortunately this has been happening to me as well. I have noticed quite a few offers have disappeared.

Diana T.
0 Likes

Saving4Fun

@Dtgemini @Aangsparks Oh, boy! I’m trying really hard to be patient, but now we’re talking about more than a couple of dollars. I was passing by The Fresh Market and decided to pop in for a couple of FAOs and BOGOs. Otherwise; that place is very much out of my budget. I just went to scan my receipt, and one of my FAOs is missing, along with a BOGO and $2 offer. That’s almost $10. These offers better come back ASAP. So frustrating. 

Saving4Fun

@Dtgemini @Aangsparks

Update:

All offers reappeared once I was a 1/2 mile away from the store. This is the most bizarre occurrence. How does an app malfunction so precisely? Receipt went thru with no issues and credits were applied instantly. I’ve settled down 😂

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

We now have 3 community managers. When are they going to take the lead here and contact the Ibotta IT guys about this frustrating and recurring situation? This is happening way too often and probably to so many more people than just the few of us who complain about it on this forum. Loyal Ibotta users are losing out on their hard earned rebates through no fault of their own. @ScottyS @LaraL @JuliannaV please look into this. Thank you.

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey folks,

I just reached out and we're looking into it. I haven't heard back just yet, but from experience I know the most useful thing I can provide are steps to recreate it. Are there any factors that I can use to try and recreate it so I can see this in action and write up a more thorough report on it? 

So far it sounds like it only happens when physically at a store, is that right?

Saving4Fun

@LaraL yes, it’s primarily an issue while in the store. I’ve experienced it on three separate occasions. The offer disappear while at the store, but once I’m approximately 1/2 mile away from the store, the offer reappears. I’ll add screen shots of the three instances when it happened to me. Give me just a few.minutes to go through my history. Also, I’m still planning to message you the details of my other issue, and will do that later today. I had several medical appts last week and two more today, but then I’m finished for at least the next week. 

Saving4Fun

@LaraL here are the three times it happened to me. The last two screenshots are together; just couldn’t fit them in one shot. The items that disappeared from that list were KiZE Bars and ROAR Organic Electrolyte Infusions. Hope this helps.

E6CAC8A4-E8A3-4718-8074-7DEAF7FF4E0C.jpeg

279717A7-AB89-49B4-98D7-337B612D43D8.jpeg

  

15D9576F-28E5-4CA6-AF15-18C2ED9EC240.jpeg

71751F8A-9BBD-4B30-AFB0-CC509425E0EA.jpeg

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

This is great, thank you so much! This helps us out a lot.

If you think of any other factors that could be associated with the offer disappearing/reappearing let me know. The more the better when trying to recreate it so we can troubleshoot more effectively.

0 Likes