cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Solution for disappearing offers

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

I don't know if you were using the Store's Wifi or not.  But maybe the wifi is blocking the signal.  Once you are away from the store, your cell phone picks it up fine.

You could try turning off wifi when in the store.  If you can still get cell phone service, you might see the offers that were "missing".

Just a thought.

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Along what @mmoore01 touched on, do you know if your phone is connecting to the store's WiFI by chance, @Saving4Fun? Same question to anyone else experiencing this.

0 Likes

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

That's a great thought. I know when I'm in store, my phone gives me a message that Walmart WiFi is available, but I always swipe it off so I am on my phone's more reliable data. Maybe I am on their WiFi anyway, but not by my choice. Next time I shop, I will pay closer attention to this and report back. 

LaraL
Community Manager

If you could that would be super helpful. Best case is it's the solution, worst case is we need to keep looking for what the cause is.

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

Thank you so very much, @LaraL . So far, you are the only one who has reached out to try to help us with this problem. I hope with all of us working together, we can solve this problem and make this app just that much more enjoyable to use. 

Saving4Fun

@LaraL always on WiFi at Target. Publix WiFi is not very reliable, so I usually end up turning it off. I’m 99% sure I was not on WiFi at The Fresh Market because it was my first time shopping there, and I would have had to look for it to join, versus automatic joining at my regular stores. So, the short answer is that I’ve had the issue both on WiFi and off WiFi. 

LaraL
Community Manager

Ok interesting. Would you be willing to try turning WiFi off completely the next time you use Ibotta, simply for the sake of fully ruling out one of the possibilities?

0 Likes

Saving4Fun

@LaraL Sure, but I’m not sure there’s anyway to predict when/where it might happen. We need more data points. Perhaps, I should start keeping track of exactly when/where it happens, and record all details including WiFi or not. We can look for any patterns, especially with frequency and if there’s any logic to the days and times. I’ve been on medical leave from work and this became my hobby to help pass the time. 😂 I love it, though, and have a lot of fun. If I’m not at a doctor’s appointment, then I’m most likely looking for a bargain. It’s great mental exercise too! But no more toothpaste! I already have enough to last a year. Either way, I’m usually at Target and Publix on a daily basis. I also shop Walgreens, CVS and Whole Foods several days per week. I’d be able to track it with quite a bit of detail. 

TlsKim
Saver

Now I understand why  my offers were missing while in store.  
I’ll have to remember to NOT scan anything just shop and get out 😂

Thank you!  

MegaRebater
Deal Sharer

Holy cow! I thought I was crazy for thinking this was happening. I can’t say I’m glad to know I’m not the only one - but I’m certainly happy to know that I’m not losing my mind.  I’ve missed out on significant bonuses because of this. I was so angry I stopped using the app for several months. 

0 Likes