cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Solution for disappearing offers

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

That's interesting, anyone else having this experience?

0 Likes

Wtennyson
Saver

Could it be the offer itself is not valid at that  store they are in but is available at a different store. And it's taking time for the wifi network to pick up what store it's available at? Just an idea🤷‍♀️

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

Yeah we actually considered that WiFi could be a factor, however apparently multiple people have had the issue with WiFi turned off, so it shouldn't be anything to do with the location. Good idea though!

0 Likes

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

I use Android on a Samsung S21 using Spectrum Mobile. Since I am NOT scanning items in store anymore, I no longer experience the offers dropping off. Somehow, I still believe that when the Ibotta server knows I am in store, it decides on its own to just start dropping offers. Little by little, computers are taking over the world. I do hope the Ibotta engineers can figure this out.

Saving4Fun

@LaraL In response to @Wtennyson yes, I’ve had that happen, but only once or twice,. I remember that being the case with the Skippy Peanut Butter FAO at Target. 

limsy
Rewards Guide

, can you, please, check my post here -

https://community.ibotta.com/t5/deals-forum/strange-situation/td-p/27088

I have a "different kind" of disappearance 🙂

Maybe you can give some explanation to that. thanks.

0 Likes

mhags
Deal Sharer

OMG, this is exactly how I feel.  When I scan the item, by the time I checkout it has disappeared!! Very suspicious 🙄 

Thank you for making me feel so paranoid 🙂

0 Likes

Saipan
Deal Ambassador

I recall one or two offers appearing/disappearing a while back. Offer would show in available listing but gone when searching to add to receipt for submitting. Once or twice when an offer was due to expire in 6 or fewer hours. 

At the time I was using Android 10. Currently using Android 11 and have not had any issues. 

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

Those of you reporting that it has happened to you as well, I'm putting together a list with all the known occurrences of it so it's easy for us to troubleshoot.

Would you mind letting me know the following?

- Which store?

- Roughly when did you see this happen?

- If you're using an Android or iPhone

- What was the offer?

If you can help me with these things it'll make it much easier for us to pinpoint and recreate it.

Saipan
Deal Ambassador

@LaraL

The instances I recall were Walmart offers. They were all prior to 9/2020.