cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stack your Ibotta CVS Savings with Additional Savings Apps

cashbackallday
Rewards Hunter

If you are a regular CVS shopper and use Ibotta, check these out to save even more money!

1. Use the Fluz app (Video) for additional cash back savings. Download the Fluz app uand save 35% off up to three CVS gift card purchases. When you invite additional people to Fluz, you can then earn additional 35% gift cards. If you use all of your 35% discounts, you can still earn 2.5% cashback from future CVS gift card purchases.
  2. Buy discount CVS gift cards with the Raise app. If you use my referral code we both get $5 towards gift card purchases. 
  3. Earn 5% cashback on your CVS purchases when you use the Payce  and link your debit or credit card.
  4. The Venmooccasionally offers 5% cash back for purchases at CVS and Walgreens, and yes, you can even add your Venmo card to the Payce app. 
  5. CVS offers annual Care Passes for $48 where you get $10 in Extra Care Bucks monthly, as well as 20% off CVS Health products, and free medication delivery.
11 Replies

Re: Stack your Ibotta CVS Savings with Additional Savings Apps

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I want to preface this by saying we all have our own risk parameters and have our own thoughts on things, so if all of this is good with you, that is fine.   Just check into things before you jump in.

So, I wanted to just toss a few of my personal thoughts out, and I want to add some details I feel people should know

FLUZ

Fluz has always given me cringy vibes.  Anything centered around pushing others to join so you can reap ongoing benefits from them in perpetuity is not really a cashback or shopping site IMHO.

If it works for you that is great, but I personally am not a fan of multi-level marketing, pyramid schemes, etc.

I dated a girl whose family was deep into Amway, and I went to one of their cult gatherings at a major stadium, and it was like TED meets The Branch Dividians.   Fluz has always seemed to be worse than that.  (If you are personally into Amway or are a Branch Dividian, no offense intended.  

GIFT CARD SITES

I have used several, including Raise.  If you want to get a $187.49 gift card, and the site has a 3% reduction, it will save you a whopping $5.62.  So you have given up the ability to use $187.49 to have it tied to a gift card to one specific place for a savings of $5 and change.   And if you buy a bunch of smaller ones, remember that some sites limit the number of gift cards you can use in one transaction. 

Don't count on a quick flip all the time.  If you find a great sale somewhere with limited quantity, and you try to get a better deal by purchasing used gift cards, you may not get the codes until the next day.  So then you are stuck with a gift card and the sale is over and now what.  Again your money is now allocated to that one store instead of your bank account.  Raise actually had pretty good phone support, but some did not even have phone support.  

Also, it can happen that the person who sold the gift card to the site empties the card out after they sell.   This ties up your time trying to deal with the company to get your money back.   If you don't plan on using your gift cards rather soon, you may lose it all in that situation.  Gift card resellers all have their own terms on how long they guarantee the balance and what their limit is on what you can recover.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
Tags (1)

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta  Thanks for the info - I don't do any of those sites and I think I'm going to steer clear.  I joined Reddit to see what other discussion groups I could find for great deals, and it's all about twisting the system to work for you.  Sign up, wait 29 days, pause the account and then cancel to get the bonus. Sorry, that's just too much for me to remember.  It's hard enough for me to keep track of my free coffee at Panera account. 

Tags (1)

global1
Shopper

I checked out Fluz after watching a YouTube review. My experiences with it have been pretty good!  It's like Pay with Ibotta, but the cash back is a bit lower except for the vouchers when you invite people and then you get 35% on up to $10 at places like Papa John's CVS.

I've bought a few gift cards on Raise, but I usually prefer Pay With Ibotta or Fetch Rewards.

I too have the Venmo Debit card, the cash back offers are pretty good, but there seems to be a lot of overlap with Dosh. I'll definitely have to keep my eye out for their pharmacy discounts.

The CVS Care Pass is great. I joined them last year. When you do the math, it's basically $70 worth of free CVS shopping with their year pass. I occasionally get invited to their Panel Surveys, and I occasionally get $5 and $10 gift cards from those. I'll definitely be checking out Payce.

Nice list! Please don't let any negativity and fear from some people stop you from sharing any more discounts!

Tags (1)

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@global1  Thanks for your insight - I don't do very much with gift cards (except for those that I earn through the various aps that I do). I know @Rickibottawas also just giving an opinion.   I appreciate all opinions (both positive and negative).  Take for example Checkout 51 - I use it SO rarely, but other people use it all the time.  I personally don't double dip.  For example, I see people ON OTHER WEBSITES saying the use different email addresses to submit to both Checkout 51 and Saving Star.  This is fraud IMO, but for those who choose to do it, I am not judging you. 

I also have carepass at CVS and it's a MM in my opinion.  I used the free shipping (with select items) this week with 3 stacked CRTs to get a .12¢ pack of face wipes.  Whenever you can pay $50 and get $120 - that's a bonus in my book (and when I joined, we got 1 or 2 months free - I don't remember).

Same thing with Walgreens.  It seems so involved to me - but I put it out there and got both positive and negative feedback.  That's the whole idea, to help each other, save money and have fun doing it. 

Tags (1)

global1
Shopper

I use CheckOut51 mostly for gas, although I find GetUpside much easier since it only needs to know that you checked in to the gas station and used a particular credit card. 

On the other hand, GetUpside allows people to make money off of the gas purchases of the people they refer, so I guess the app is also diabolically evil and falls into the dangerous violent extremist cult category. 🤣.

The CVS deals are fantastic. The coupon machines always print out these half-a-mile-long coupons, but they're usually worth it.

I didn't even know about Payce Pays or the Venmo pharmacy discount, so that's an additional 5%!

Tags (1)
0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@global1  I really like your humor -  "dangerous violent extremist cult category".  I enjoy cvs when I have the time and patience to figure out the stacking of digitals, paper, EB and CRTs.  (Sounds like another language for those non-CVS shoppers).  

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@global1 , thank you for correctly categorizing getupside.  It saved me from pointing it out.

Seriously though, my initial post was merely offering some facts and some opinions.   It sounds like this works for you and that is all that matters.

You are correct that people should not let others scare them away from getting deals, but similarly they also shouldn't just sign up for things without knowing the risks.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Chris1974
Rewards Hunter

Ibotta wins in some cases with the gift card purchases.  However don't forget to compare with Slide.  The Slide app gives you 4% across the board plus if you fund your account in advance of the purchase it gives an additional 1%.  So you actually get 5% back.  The downside to Slide is that it's 4% (plus 1% bonus if you preload) for everything.  Ibotta will often give you higher % back on some stores so you really need to check.  On the upside, Slide also allows you to purchase the exact amount needed so your funds aren't tied up in a gift card. 

EDIT

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Chris1974   We are no longer permitted to post referral codes to this community except in private messages - otherwise this board would be filled with them.

In fact, this message thread dates back more than 6 months.