cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

submitting an extremely faded receipt from Target

ThatGuy
Rewards Guide

I went to Target today and didn't look at the receipt until I got home. It is so faded. It looks like it was sitting in the sun for a week. I submitted it and had to manually add the item I purchased and scan the UPC. anyone have experience with this? Hoping it still gets accepted. The product number is legible, but description and prices are completely absent.

Lesson learned...Always look at my receipt before leaving the store.

0 Likes
19 Replies

Re: submitting an extremely faded receipt from Target

dramaspoiler
Core Shopper

Same for me. I was so worried they won't credit but it did credit within a day. However not sure if it helped but I took picture of the front/ back of the product, receipt again, the screenshot of the offers, and Target app shot showing the item number with picture matching to my Ibotta offer.  I put a ticket in using the receipt that was submitted but that was because I was worried it would reject my receipt and I would have no recourse with an expired offer if I didn't tell them 

Maybe the experts out there would know better. I'm still just a newbie in my opinion.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

From my experience, Target doesn't have a great way to get a new receipt.

I one time got a receipt that didn't have the Target logo or the Target name on the top.  I tried to scan it, but the app wouldn't take it.  I asked for a copy and they printed it out on a 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper.  That was never going to work.

I ended up opening a request with Ibotta Care and they accepted the original receipt.

Hope your receipt goes through.

0 Likes

ThatGuy
Rewards Guide

Thanks for the replies. The transaction disappeared from my earnings history,.so I guess there's my answer.

I normally submit my receipts in the parking lot in case an offer might expire. today was in a hurry and waited til I got home. oh well.

0 Likes

SaverGirl67

@ThatGuy   If it disappeared from your earnings list check your notifications. You should have a message that says the receipt was illegible and you should resubmit. When this happened to me I got an email from them too. 

Hope this helps. 

0 Likes

Nique
Deal Ambassador

@ThatGuy If the receipt gets rejected, you should get an email. If you use the Target app, maybe go to your account and take screenshots of the receipt from the Purchases section. That should be good backup if you need to submit a ticket to Ibotta.

0 Likes

ThatGuy
Rewards Guide

Thanks everyone for the replies. It turned out that this purchase was just an all-around mess. On top of the faded receipt, I realized that didn't get charged the correct price by Target. I returned the item and I'm moving on.

0 Likes

Saving4Fun

@ThatGuy If you haven’t already shared your concerns with a local store leader, please contact the ETL of Service & Engagement (ETL-SE).

Leadership structures vary, depending on sales volume. If there isn’t an ETL-SE, ask for an ETL in charge of guest services or the Store Director.

The local store leaders need to be aware of what happened so they can address any/all breakdown(s) in proper procedures for maintaining equipment. More importantly, they should be given the opportunity to make it right for you, the guest.

Every leader at Target is empowered to use his/her own best judgment as to what that should look like, but if you’re not satisfied with the response, please share your feedback thru the Target app or online at www.Target.com/ContactUs. You can also call the Guest Services hotline at 1-800-440-0680.

You’ve probably figured out that I work for Target, but please understand that I do not represent Target in any official capacity on the Ibotta Community site.

Speaking as a Target shopper, which I’ve been for much longer, I can assure you that Target’s number one priority is its commitment to providing excellent guest service. I’ve encountered only two other retailers that come anywhere close to providing the same level of guest service. Those retailers are Publix and Walgreens. 

How to Provide Store Feedback via the Target App

09BF1299-A4A1-4001-9668-EC771D24039D.jpeg

C36426BD-D673-4C13-9D2E-801A2119EE2C.jpeg

E043E8C2-98D0-4C68-8055-56C36E7370F9.jpeg

cweiner31
Core Shopper

Has anyone had any success contacting ibotta about this? I just a similar situation and it's very frustating. I noticed at the Target self checkout that only the left side of the receipt showed up. I went to the customer service desk and they gave me a printout but it doesn't even show the store name. I submitted these twice and got rejected both times. I contacted the ibotta help desk with Target screen shots, pictures of the items, etc., and I got a response saying they still can't accept them and I should resubmit in the app with a valid receipt. Completely unhelpful! Now I'm missing out on about $6 of offers and crucial bonus progress on $13 worth of bonuses.

0 Likes

Saving4Fun

@cweiner31I’m tagging @LaraL, our Ibotta Community Manager, and perhaps she can look into this issue on the Ibotta side of things.

As for your experience at Target, please make sure to provide feedback thru the Target app or by calling the Guest Services hotline (see my previous replies for more details). If all else fails, you can go to Guest Services, ask them to return the items, and then you can immediately repurchase them, which will print a new receipt. Of course, you’d want to make sure the offers are still available on Ibotta.

If you ever have this issue in the future, remember to ask for a return/repurchase. If you do it immediately, the return isn’t even necessary. Target’s Point-of-Sale (POS) system has the option to post-void a transaction, as long as it’s on the same day. I’m sorry this option wasn’t offered to you. Often times, it’s only because most folks would never realize there’s a difference between a computer printout and a POS printout.

If necessary, you can ask to speak with an ETL and explain the importance of a high-quality receipt printer from the register. It’s not only a Target issue. I was at The Fresh Market yesterday, and the logo failed to print at the top of my receipt. The manager tried to offer me a computer printout, so I explained very politely that I must have a receipt printed by a POS system. I asked if we could return the items and do a repurchase. She was more than willing do it.