cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target online verses in store cash back

Alyg72
Rewards Hunter

If I did an item for in store pick up in store will it still work with an in store cash back from target , or is that considered an online purchase? it wasn’t an item that was shipped it was an item that is currently in stock in store 

0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: Target online verses in store cash back

Saving4Fun

@Alyg72 it’s typically the same; however there are some offers available in-store only or online only. There are two separate sections on Ibotta. One is Target and one is Target Online. When you are doing anything on Target.com or thru the Target app, it will fall under Target Online. You’ll want to verify that an offer is listed in that section of Ibotta.  The only time it falls under Target is when you make payment in the store. Everything else goes thru Target Online and requires you to have your account linked to receive credit on Ibotta. There are no receipts issued for in-store pickup. It can be confusing because most offers are the same, and when you add an offer on Target, it will add it on Target Online, assuming it’s the same offer. The opposite is also true... anything you add on Target Online also adds under Target. Once you link your account for Target Online, it automatically links Target, and there is no way to keep the option for submitting receipts when you shop in store. That’s the main reason I had to stop doing in-store pickup because I had a nightmare experience with the linked account. I removed the link and shop in store. Hopefully, Ibotta find a solution to the issues with linked accounts. By the way, all of the rules and procedures are set by Ibotta, and the linked account is solely a function of Ibotta. Target has no involvement, thus unable to sort out any issues or answer any questions. I happen to work for Target, so feel free to reach out to me, if you do have more questions. 

Alyg72
Rewards Hunter

So there is an offer that says for target in store when I go to target online the offer isn’t there , I did a pickup in store for the the items , will it still qualify? My target account is linked on ibotta, sorry I was still a little confused , just trying to see if I should cancel my order thanks! 

0 Likes

Saving4Fun

B2792CAD-9858-4C76-80AC-CA12F9B42FDD.png

399CCEBA-A83A-4029-832A-BF86B9D594F8.png

When you click Target Online (icon on the right), click on Your List at the bottom. Anything ordered and paid online (including pickup) must be on that list or it likely will not get credit. However, the entire linking system at Ibotta is plagued with issues, and to be honest, I never paid close enough attention to know for sure. It’s entirely possible that the Ibotta link will apply it regardless, because as I said, anytime I tried to link my account only for Target Online, it always applied the link to the regular Target. I was having way too many issues with the linked account. It would take at least 24-48 hours for offers to be credited, and half of my offers were never credited, regardless of if it was in store, online or pickup. I was spending too much time going back and forth with the help center to try to get credit. Ultimately, I chose to give up my ability to claim offers on shipping and pickup orders because I do much more of my shopping in the store and couldn’t continue to go thru the hassle of offers not being recognized by the link. The entire setup is a mess, in my opinion. It just needs to be together as one, but there must be some type of legal requirement or manufacturer requirement that is dictating this dictating the separation. Hopefully, I’m explaining it better this time. It’s really a mess, and I was tired of dealing with it. Until Ibotta makes significant improvements to the linking system, I will not use it, especially because I’ve never been able to get anyone to answer any of my questions.