cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Ibotta Browser Extension - have you tried it yet?

ScottyS
Former Ibotta Employee

Hello Savers, 

Have you tried Ibotta's NEW Browser Extension?

Ibotta_Social_BEX_Twitter_500x250.png

It's a whole new way to save from the comfort of your computer - no points, just cash back. Plus, you can earn cash back on item level products as well as a percentage of cash back on your entire purchase. Try to it, download the free extension today from the Google Chrome store. 

Have you tried it already? What are your initial thoughts? Leave us a reply!

Want to learn more? Visit our website!

30 Replies

Re: The Ibotta Browser Extension - have you tried it yet?

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Scotty, I personally will probably remove the extension.   It just doesn't do what I would want it to do.

WHAT I WISH IT WAS

I want something I can use on a computer that will mimic the mobile experience.   I want to browse through all offers at a particular store, or search by product across all stores, etc.   Once a week, I have several browser instances (e.g. three instances of Kroger [price search, coupons, and Kroger Cash Back],  Checkout51, SavingStar, Coupons.com, etc) open all at once searching one item at a time for deals.  It is painstaking the way it is, but much more difficult when having to use mobile device at the same time to check for ibotta deals..

ONLINE CASH BACK

I have been using cash back for online shopping probably for 15 to 17 years.  I have checked into your cash back and have found they are never as great as ones from the other cash back sites that I already use.  I have found online cash back to be very hit-and-miss across the board, and we have no control over cancellations.  So I have always treated it as something that I appreciate when it does go through, but not something I want to fight over when it doesn't come through.   My outlook is different for ibotta in-store.  I always open up tickets

All this being said, I am sure there will be a great deal of people who will benefit from the additional functionality.  And I always support improvements even if they don't benefit me personally.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Dana
Deal Expert

No and I won't be using it I'll stick to the app

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Dana, just curious, why will you not be using it?

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Dana
Deal Expert

I use the app I bring my phone with me not my computer. It's just your app on the computer. It's great for people that do not have apps on their phone. I don't need it.

Termmomof2
Shopper

I am so connected to my phone, that I am rarely on my computer.  I'm not sure if it would be as beneficial for me.

Venyadosae
Shopper

I've been using the browser extension since they rolled it out for beta testing. Not all stores are available on it, it does not function the same as the app, you don't add offers there. Essentially when you're on a stores website it will tell you if it has a deal for that store, you can connect your account. I have most recently (last three weeks) used it at buy buy baby's website and it's worked flawless I've gotten 2% back every time I've made a purchase on buy buy babies website without having to go through the ibotta app.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Dana, 

Yeah,  it is not just your app on your computer.  It does not have the functionality of the app.   Unless I am totally missing this, the extension is used exclusively for online shopping cash back.  

Maybe Scotty will read thru our responses and clarify based on my earlier response and this one to see if I understand correctly.

ImaHappyMama
Deal Sharer

I will. It be installing it. Browser extensions leave your computer more open to hacking, identity theft, and other security issues. Further, most browser extensions require you to accept that the extension can not only spy on you, but also post on your behalf and change your info. No thanks. 

0 Likes

Luknedbird2
Rewards Hunter

i haven't tried it yet but Im looking forward to trying it 😃