cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: The Ibotta Browser Extension - have you tried it yet?

Lisalikestosave

I have had it for a while. It was great that when I visited a new site iBotta would pop up letting me know I could earn extra. 
I haven’t tried online grocery shopping- too picky about the products and I scan in store to verify rebates. 

kcpark267
Deal Sharer
Yes, I have used it, but when I purchased the required produce, it wasn't picked up in the app. I had to send an email to get the additional credit.

Orbijx
Shopper

No.

Until you make a Firefox compatible build, there's nothing to try, honestly. A bit disappointing, because I would love to be able to go through things on a larger screen before I go to the grocery store or order via Instacart.

DMB
Deal Sharer

I've never used the Google Chrome "store" on my computer, so I'm a bit hesitant to try using it now. I have a silly fear that my PC isn't going to operate the same, so I haven't tried it yet. 

0 Likes

sharonpa
Shopper

I used the browser extension 2 times, but I want to start a 3rd time using it, but when I open my Shipt, the box for ibotta comes up and says "Whoops! Something went wrong." for 3 days now. I've closed it, re-opened it, still says the same thing? How do I fix this?

Tags (1)

DMB
Deal Sharer

Same, which is why I don't have it. If you or your wife figures out how, please let us know here. 

0 Likes

Venyadosae
Shopper

Scotty,

From the replies here it looks as if Ibotta needs to improve their communication to users as to how these two things are different and do not have the exact same features. Perhaps you could offer a .25 reward for watching a video or doing a puzzle type activity that would highlight the differences in order to get more people involved. 

Rickibotta
Rewards Advocate

Or maybe that can be the next article by either Scotty or Julianna

"Remember, coupons are the only money you can print without the Feds getting involved"

Venyadosae
Shopper
I don't think that's going to work. There are only 21k members of the community and there are millions of app users. I've been using the app since 2018 and didnt even know this message board existed until a few days ago. If they are looking to expand the user base of the browser ext they need to advertise it better in the app. It shouldn't be a pop up like the most of their announcements either. People will dismiss it and not read it, I do this too. If there is something that incentives people to watch/interact with an ad until the end of it then users are more likely to complete it.
0 Likes

sharonpa
Shopper

To fix problem:

In order to help resolve the issue, please try the following:

• - Press on the Ibotta Browser Extension.
  • - Click “Remove from Chrome”.
  • - Select “Remove” on the following pop-up screen.

Then:

• Update the Chrome Browser if needed.

• Access the Chrome Store and search for the Ibotta Browser Extension.

• Select “Add to Chrome”.

• Then go shopping at your favorite online retailer.