cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: The Ibotta Browser Extension - have you tried it yet?

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

My wife went to Ibotta.com and tried to download the Chrome extension, but it never worked.  I haven't a clue how to bring it up in Chrome.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

You don't download the extension from ibotta.com.   You do it from Google.

Scotty has a link in the initial entry in this thread.

Also, you don't launch it on the computer like you do the app.  Once downloaded,  the extension will activate when you go to a website such as Walgreens, Walmart, etc and are searching or browsing for something.  It pops up and tells you how much cash back you can get for an online purchase.at that store

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

acleansweep
Rewards Hunter

it's wonderful for Walmart grocery.

Trying to do a Best Buy order tonight and I get "ibotta doesnt work on this page"

gauchermom
Rewards Hunter

I have used it for walmart grocery pickup omline and it works great. I have had less issues with my rebates through the extension on my computer, plus the walmart app is glitchy so I prefer to use my computer to create an order. Win win

JewelryTrends
Rewards Hunter

Yes! I love it for Walmart!  I have been holding off ordering at Walmart for delivery mostly because I use Ibotta on my phone while browsing the isles.  But then BAM! ...Ibotta implements this magical browser extension and makes my year!  I am able to get a lot more offers because I can shop early in the day from my computer when stuff is still on the shelf.  I've placed 4 delivery orders so far and all my offers have been picked by the shopper perfectly and Ibotta has given me the credit for each item just as they should.  I love the little side bar filled with your offers, and the ability to add more offers as you go along.  It's great to be able to move the side bar back and forth and shrink it if it gets in the way.  I think they thought of everything!

I don't even care what other stores are included in this browser extension.  Just the Walmart part is fantastic enough for me to keep it installed and use it every few days.  Of course when I have time I will look into all the other stores too.  (Target looks similar in ease of layout and offer selection, they just don't deliver to me so I don't go there often) 

Thank you Ibotta for literally changing my shopping life!

cmlagstrom
Rewards Hunter

Unfortunately, no computer for me to download this. I wouldn’t use it anyway because I like the app better. 

0 Likes

HotLavaMama
Rewards Guide

👎Ibotta Browser Extension  I have tried it and its stinks .online transaction feature does not work for me.Plus it does not have Amazon.com. I will stick with my phone app. I wished it worked right for me it would make easier.and add amazon .com 

Tags (1)
0 Likes

sthomasson
Deal Sharer

I have not tried it as I have found these applications to not work as promised in the past. I'll stick to my app

0 Likes

Christy_79
Rewards Hunter

Yes. It went fairly smoothly. There was a redemption missed in my list from my online shop order that Ibotta did not credit. I did finally get the credit from Ibotta a week later and after uploading screenshots of the entire online order receipt (so they could see if there were substitutions) and the UPCs from the credits I claimed were missing. Will I use it again? Yes! You will never miss a redemption. (Because I have at the store) Once you place the item in your cart do a quick search in the Ibotta side list to see if there is a rebate for it!

Christy_79
Rewards Hunter

The websites must be linked to Ibotta. Once they are linked then Ibotta will pop up when you go to that website.