cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOS Question

Khugs
Shopper

I don’t see anything specifically about this. If I buy 5 of something but it has a limit of three so I redeem the three. But the offer resets. Can I redeem the other two? 

0 Likes
14 Replies

Re: TOS Question

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Khugs 

If the ibotta rebate is limit 5, and you buy 3, that ends that deal and offer.

When it resets it is a new offer.  So if it then says limit=5 still, you can buy up to 5 that time as wel

Sorry:  no, you cant go back and redeem the other two from the first receipt

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Khugs
Shopper

Thanks for the reply. I don’t feel that it fully answers my question. Ibotta’s websites states this:

Step 2: Resubmit your receipt

If your item qualifies and it is still within 7 days of your purchase date, please resubmit your receipt for the missing offer in order to receive credit.

If you are unable to locate the offer within your account, please be aware that it may take up to 24 hours from the completion time of your previous submission for the offer to reappear in your Ibotta account if it was not due to expire. 

If you are still experiencing issues regarding missing credit, please submit a request to our Care team for further assistance if you have not done so already.

It makes it seem like it’s allowed but I definitely don’t want to do anything to violate their TOS. 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Khugs 

You can only submit for one offer once per receipt.

You can submit within 7 days for any item you have not redeemed yet.

You redeemed the item once already and can't redeem that again.

That is a huge nonon and it will put you on a fasttrack to account deactivation

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Khugs @Rickibotta   I would be in agreement with @Rickibotta   My interpretation is that the offer at the time of purchase is 3 (even if you buy 5).  So if the offer resets - it is a new offer and requires a new purchase - keep in mind there is also no guarantee that an offer will reset, and if it does reset, if it resets at the same value or a lower value.  I don't think this would count as a "missing offer"

Maybe @LaraL can confirm. 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@FelskyNY 

They are trying to redeem the other two from the same receipt.  i.e.  submit same receipt a second time on the same product.....first time for the 3 max....and after reset for the other 2 he bought on that receipt

Tags (1)
0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta   Yep I got that - I agree with you - you cannot resubmit.  

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Khugs 

======================

Step 2: Resubmit your receipt

If your item qualifies and it is still within 7 days of your purchase date, please resubmit your receipt for the missing offer in order to receive credit.

======================

It says a missing offer.   You already redeemed the offer once.

What the above means is:

You had an offer for bacon and an offer for potatoes.   When you submitted the bacon, you forgot to redeem the potatoes  (those are two separate 'offers'.  You submitted the bacon offer and cannnot redeem bacon again for that receipt, even if you purchased more than the lmiit and it resets..

But you have up to 7 days to do the missing offer (potatoes).

0 Likes

Khugs
Shopper

@Rickibotta @FelskyNY Yes, I agree with everything that has been said. I’ve just never seen it formally addressed and was hoping someone on here had an answer from Ibotta. I see people doing it a lot but it seems no one has word from Ibotta but does or doesn’t do it based purely on speculation

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

They would need to be on separate receipts. If you resubmit the same receipt your account will likely get locked. So unfortunately if you buy that excess of 2 more items per the offer, they won't be credited.

0 Likes