cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turkey

hawanda
Rewards Hunter

Please watch out!!!  I am upset. I have contacted ibotta and this is my first time using this app I went to Walmart to get a turkey for my cash back and got the other items that go with it I scan all of my items in the Walmart store and it said items match I checked out my items got home and scan my receipt only to find out that my turkey did not scan I looked on the receipt the receipt said hen. how can a hen be a turkey Walmart stated that they don’t know what happen they can’t take it back because of the Pandemic so why am I gonna do with the $16.78 turkey where I can’t get my  $9.88 back can someone please look into this I don’t want this to be something bad because this is my first time using this app I’ve done everything what I supposed to do an the label it says turkey but when you ring it up is it’s  showing hen on the receipt. I put in a ticket number an haven’t heard anything from technical support 

Labels (1)
12 Replies

Re: Turkey

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@hawanda 

Tickets can take up to a week for a response.  There is nothing WM can do about this.

You will have to wait on the ibotta support.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

First, Ibotta doesn't look at the description on the receipt.  They look at the UPC code.  If the receipt says HEN, then that was a mistake made by the local store, not corporate.

The right process is to open a ticket.  Hopefully, you attached pictures of your receipt, UPC and the turkey itself.  If not, you can go back to your request and add them to the same request.

As @Rickibotta said, it can take up to a week to get a response.  Do not open an additional request, that could delay their response.

Trouble1034
Rewards Hunter

Keep trying to do it..same thing happen to me today but I kept trying it and finally it worked 

IBCOM
Rewards Hunter

Is this the post that mentioned that their turkey was labeled HEN on the Walmart receipt? Can you show me? Can you post a picture? From your phone or whatever? 

Um, yeah, so generally, I am just wondering why Ibotta has like a meat rebate section? How or why do you feel that this is right? I never got meat from either Walgreens or CVS. Is this, Ibotta, the CVS redistribution program? Hmm... At best they sell bacon and lunch meat and most of that is at Walgreens and not CVS. I can't readily access the list of items they have, but there were several Butterball items listed and I am not pleased that my Butterball Turkey Bacon Cash Back as well as Coupon offer disappeared before I could use them. It wasn't just an expiration thing. So, I guess they stole my Cash Back offer to get me to run to Ibotta, but that isn't right because I can't readily use Ibotta. So I guess I will wait until you figure this all out and put it all back up to get my turkey bacon. Hmm... I don't know about Walgreens giving, probably selling, Ibotta a little bit of meat, at least just bacon, but Ibotta has more than 5 selections of meat. Many. Also, this is not new. It seems have been around for more than a season.       

0 Likes

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

Just a clarification.  Stores do sell Turkey Hens.  It is still a Turkey.  The description on the receipt is fine.

Hens are generally smaller, Toms are larger.  There is no other difference.

0 Likes

dforeman1970
Rewards Hunter

Same thing happened to me today, I went in and added the turkey by itself and scanned the tag on the turkey and it worked. 

paigeinabook
Rewards Hunter
Spoiler
I had the same issue today and sent a message to ibotta, but just tried what dforeman1970 suggested and that worked!
0 Likes

alyssab
Rewards Hunter

I'm having the same issue, bought my turkey tonight, scanned the receipt and it says no match, so I scanned the turkey to see if it matched the offer and it said it did. I'm so bothered!

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Ultimate Saver

7044EB6C-44D6-4CAA-BE64-DB9A6C734A9B.png

@alyssab  This is last years post. This year, you have to refer a friend using your referral code & once they make a purchase.Then you get $15 rebate for your Turkey 

0 Likes