cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh worse app ever

cowgirlup96
Deal Sharer

I entered all my coupons went shopping. It showed all my Thanksgiving coupons plus others I got and it said I was getting 20.89 back. A few minutes later it took all my coupons off but a few and refuses to give me the free turkey one and many others. I have yet to receive any response for almost a week from Ibotta. The email to this account I can no longer access. It says my gmail is in use so maybe an old phone i signed up but never used. Regardless i now know why i stopped using this app. Customer service is horrible and they take your coupons away instead of giving them to you.

8 Replies

Re: Ugh worse app ever

Julietmylady234
Deal Sharer

Yes it is horrible 

Hughes37762
Rewards Hunter

Yeah they def need to up their cs game it’s horrible.

Dana
Deal Expert

Is it still oending or did it go through? Pending is normally 48 hours but people have stated 3-5 days some longer and pending amounts are never correct once it goes through it's correct. Ibotta gets 1000s of messages a day and they are still working from home becasue of the pandemic they will get to you. If you keep putting in tickets in you go back to the bottom of the list and have to wait longer.

cowgirlup96
Deal Sharer

Oh no it never went to pending. Which I thought was odd. It posted immediately to my account for 5.69. Far from the amount I was supposed to get. I also have 5 people who signed up under me went shopping and I never got their referral bonus but they were added to my team. So that's 65 dollars I'm missing. What a shame. Especially around the holidays. I will most likely dump this app again. 

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@cowgirlup96  Look through the various threads - the $20 bonus is not all up front - it's broken down into different offers.  I googled $20 bonus and it took me right too the Ibotta blog.

Welcome Bonus #1: Receive a $10 Welcome Bonus for redeeming an in-store offer (Any Brand and Any Item offers excluded)
Welcome Bonus #2: Receive a $5 Welcome Bonus for redeeming a Mobile Shopping offer.
Welcome Bonus #3: A secondary $5 Welcome Bonus for redeeming an in-store or Mobile Shopping offer.

mamaX
Saver

I have used Ibotta for almost 8 years. This has never happened to me. I have only contacted customer service a handful of times and never had an issue. I’m sorry! Good luck, hopefully they are seeing this and reach out. I’m sure you wouldn’t have got the items if it wasn’t for the cash back. 

Staying Kinder

cowgirlup96
Deal Sharer

This wasnt a welcome bonus. This was my coupons. 

0 Likes

cowgirlup96
Deal Sharer

I certainly hope so. I cant email either because my app logged me in under an old email. Apparently my gmail I may have set up on a old phone and now I cant switch anything to the account i have money under. I did get them to deactivate the gmail account because I was trying to log into that one to deactivate and it said I violated toss. Which I'm fine with but I cant link my gmail which is my paypal to cash anything out and my phone number apparently is linked to the old account I cant contact them because I cant verify this email. Ugh this app is not user friendly at all.

0 Likes