Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Unable to transfer earnings to PayPal

danica
Shopper

Hi there,

Newbie here. This is my second time transferring earnings to PayPal. First time was successful. This time I’m having issues and have been receiving a message since yesterday “Something Went Wrong: We couldn’t process your request” I followed all instructions recommended which were to unlink my PayPal account, relink, shutdown my phone make sure I had the latest version of the Ap. I’m an Apple user. I’ve messaged the support team yesterday, but haven’t yet heard back. 

Any advice?

Thank you!

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Unable to transfer earnings to PayPal

Saving4Fun

@danica 

First, make sure your account is verified.

7FAE60D8-07C2-42F9-8E49-55B6E009CF2F.jpeg

85088463-80F2-49F5-B0ED-B8E9CF606B5C.jpeg

38957A67-8584-40A0-B700-7BD1FCDDE4A8.jpeg

If you need to verify, you’ll see an option for it  Also, when the app installs an update, you’ll likely need to repeat these verification steps. If your account is verified, and you’re still unable to withdraw earnings, follow these steps to submit a ticket to the help center (https://help.ibotta.com).

4233DBAE-9675-4C32-89B7-75D728A92B55.jpeg

042E95E3-60A8-4F50-8D22-FC1730F1FD8E.jpeg

9C3F540E-9A1B-4907-B3C0-88A712AAE73F.jpeg

Keep us posted and here’s a link to read more about the account blocking feature.

https://help.ibotta.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000248708-Why-am-I-locked-out-from-withdrawing-my-earni...

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Dana
Deal Expert

Do you have a minimum of $20? If you do try to leave a penny out some people had to do that for it to get it to go through. I use my bank I do not have paypal. If that still doesn't work give it a few hours to a day it could be on ibottas end. If that still does nothing you can be lock out and will have to wait for them to answer your ticket to unlock you

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

OBSHOP
Deal Expert

That's the main reason, whenever I reach the minimum limit for withdrawal. I send my funds to my checking account. 

"I would rather have and not need than need and not have"
0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

danica
Shopper

Hi, I do have over $20 and I did try leaving below the total. I tried various amounts and still no luck?

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

danica
Shopper

I’ve never used that Checking platform. That’s why I was reluctant and opted for PayPal. You’ve never had any issues with Plaid?

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Saving4Fun

@danica it has nothing to do with where or how much you’re trying to transfer. Quite often, new accounts receive a temporary block on earnings. The app uses an auto-tracking software that scans for unusual activity. It’s a security feature intended to protect you and Ibotta, and it doesn’t mean you’ve done anything wrong. As I said, it happens quite often on new accounts, so don’t worry, you will be able to withdraw soon. First, make sure you’ve verified your account, and you also need to submit a ticket in the help center. I’ll post detailed instructions below. You might hear people say that you need to leave a certain amount of money in your account, or wait a certain number of days between transfers, but none of that is true. Ibotta doesn’t give specifics on what the auto-tracker does, because that would defeat the whole purpose. I had several issues with blocks when my account was new, but now, I make transfers quite often without any issue. Follow the instructions I’m posting below. Allow at least 48 hours. If you’ve not received a response, let us know, and our community manager @LaraL can check the status. Just make sure you have a ticket number. If you have any questions, please let me know. 

Solved! Go to solution

Saving4Fun

@danica 

First, make sure your account is verified.

7FAE60D8-07C2-42F9-8E49-55B6E009CF2F.jpeg

85088463-80F2-49F5-B0ED-B8E9CF606B5C.jpeg

38957A67-8584-40A0-B700-7BD1FCDDE4A8.jpeg

If you need to verify, you’ll see an option for it  Also, when the app installs an update, you’ll likely need to repeat these verification steps. If your account is verified, and you’re still unable to withdraw earnings, follow these steps to submit a ticket to the help center (https://help.ibotta.com).

4233DBAE-9675-4C32-89B7-75D728A92B55.jpeg

042E95E3-60A8-4F50-8D22-FC1730F1FD8E.jpeg

9C3F540E-9A1B-4907-B3C0-88A712AAE73F.jpeg

Keep us posted and here’s a link to read more about the account blocking feature.

https://help.ibotta.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000248708-Why-am-I-locked-out-from-withdrawing-my-earni...

Solved! Go to solution

danica
Shopper

You’re awesome! I appreciate the play by play with photos. Hoping I hear back from the care team. If nothing I will definitely send a message to Lara with my ticket number.

Thanks again @Saving4Fun 😀

Solved! Go to solution

Greta3rawls
Deal Sharer

I did the same thing can not get my money but what I going to do is call the better business bureaus if they don’t get in touch with me

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

danica
Shopper

Hi there, don’t panic! Just contact customer care. It may take a few days but they will resolve it. It was a minor hiccup with my account and it never happened again. Good luck.

0 Likes