cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreadable receipt issue.

saverraver
Rewards Hunter

Okay, one more question, then I'll shut up. 😅

Has anyone gotten an email about an unreadable receipt when they haven't physically submitted one? I also didnt get a message in the app about it like I usually do, just an email. Should I be concerned? The only recent transaction I have that would have a receipt is a Walmart pickup that should have an online receipt.

0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Unreadable receipt issue.

Dana
Deal Expert

It can be one of 2 things 1 there's plenty of scammers out there that will send you things from "ibotta" that aren't ibotta and need to be reported to ibotta. There's a post in this forum stating they know about the scammers amd to report them. Make sure that it is actually ibotta (I get spam emails from Paypal all the time saying my account is being deactivated. I know they're spam because I don't have paypal). 2 Maybe someone got into your ibotta account and was doing some stuff. I've seen posts about this multiple times and they were told to change there password. So before you do anything take a screen shot and send them a message on the ibotta facebook page and see if it was them they will be able to see what the receipt was if there was one.

saverraver
Rewards Hunter

Thank you very much for responding! I have reset my password. Is it possible it's related to an open ticket where the representative requested a copy of a receipt? I had not responded to it yet, but it hadn't been that long since they had requested it (legitimately, on the website in response to a question.)

0 Likes

Dana
Deal Expert

If you have a ticket put in it could be was there a ticket number on it?

0 Likes

saverraver
Rewards Hunter

I didn't see one on that particular email. I accidentally closed the ticket earlier and have reopened one in the meantime. I did submit receipt pictures to the representative, but that was after the initial email telling me a receipt was unclear. He had messaged me this morning to ask for the receipts if I had them.

0 Likes

Dana
Deal Expert

Find out if it's real 1st before you do anything.

0 Likes