cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Uploading Target receipts

mmoore01
Deal Master

I just saw this thread today and I don't see an issue.  I was linked over the weekend, but I changed my Target password and my link was broken. 

After I cancelled the link process, Ibotta now displays the Link Target account button AND the Upload receipt button.

If someone links their Target account, you can't scan a receipt.  It is either or, not both.  

I would be disappointed if I could not scan my receipt anymore.  I wish we could scan a receipt for Online purchases, too.  Scanning is faster and more reliable, in my opinion.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

There's a good chance that the savers impacted by this will just come across the receipt upload after you add an offer. I'm aware of a version of the app that some of you may have where this is the case.

If you are experiencing this, try continuing through until you get to a screen that enables you to upload your receipt and keep me posted on how it goes.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

To @SoCalHal and anyone else seeing this version of the Ibotta app, once you add an offer you should see the prompt to link your account, or choose to upload a receipt. If you have not linked your account yet you are also able to upload a receipt through the redeem tab which you can find on the home screen.

Hope this helps, and please do let me know if you run into any issues and any feedback in general!

Solved! Go to solution

Saving4Fun

@LaraL as always, thank you for such a fast response and solution! Here’s a graphic I’ve made to go with the directions. 

61D4125D-4A7F-4F10-A709-9C768032BD7D.jpeg

Solved! Go to solution

Saving4Fun

And kudos to @Savingcraze  who first mentioned this last night as a potential workaround. At that point I had already linked and was too nervous to mess with anything until we knew more. Thanks again to everyone. 

Solved! Go to solution

Ragged_tiger4
Deal Sharer

Unfortunately I never had the option to upload to Target. I have been on Ibotta at least a year. It has only been the linking option for me.

I personally don’t prefer it when I am meeting a deadline. The turnaround for uploading otherwise is really quick. For Walmart, it has credited me before I even get home. Walmart is offering it, but I’m passing for the time being.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

This experience with the Ibotta app should have only been showing up as recent as yesterday, is that when you started to see it as well, @Ragged_tiger4?

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

KimPieper3
Shopper

I paid with cash today and didn’t realize I could not submit by scanning. Missed out on those rebates. I don’t always pay with a card either. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

You can still scan your paper receipt, if you scroll up Saving4fun posted an image that shows where the option is for uploading a receipt.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Saving4Fun

@KimPieper3 @Ragged_tiger4  follow the steps shown in the first screenshot below, and you should still have the option to scan/submit a paper receipt. Also, I would need to look into it a little more, but I believe you can pay cash and still utilize the linking option. I’ll try to get confirmation on that, but if I’m understanding it correctly, the link is dependent upon you scanning your unique barcode in the wallet portion of the Target app. This is the barcode you have to scan to receive Circle offers/discounts. Many people have their RedCard, or a Credit/Debit card attached to the barcode to streamline the checkout process; however, it’s not required, and you always have the option to toggle payment forms on/off including gift cards. Even when you’re paying with cash, if your unique barcode is scanned at checkout, I’m thinking that is how the link to Ibotta is processed. @LaraL can you confirm if my interpretation of the link is correct?  I’ll attach some screenshots with illustrations in the Target app, but I’ll first attach the steps for submitting a paper receipt. If you have any questions, let me know. 

Submit via Paper Receipt in Ibotta app

4E3088E4-FF9F-4CC3-B2BE-5A73F41CD0E6.jpeg

Access Unique Barcode in Target app to Submit via Target/Ibotta Linked Account

6B006FEC-4B48-4E7E-8118-6BCEFB72EBA5.jpeg

34B96973-EB70-4224-BE20-328FDAA0550E.jpeg