cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Uploading Target receipts

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@Saving4Fun , I have unlinked Target account ,earnings in account within 1 hour .today’s purchases

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Ragged_tiger4
Deal Sharer

Yaaasss! Found it! What worked for me...

When Ibotta app is open, go to bottom and select “Account” at far right.Scroll sown to “Settings”, third from bottom.

From the top, about 3-4 down, select “Linked Accounts.”

All the stores you are linked with a loyalty card will be displayed. Choose “unlink” to the right Target, They had both Target and Target online. I just unlinked Target.

Went back in a few min later and it had unlinked both. I selected “Home” at the bottom, chose Target and now I can submit via receipt!!!

Yaaay! I wasn’t shopping Target if I was close to a deadline. Now I can!

Solved! Go to solution

eyekim
Deal Sharer

@Saving4Fun @Wow! Serious glitch in the system when that situation is even possible.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

The verdict is in after i unlinked my Target account. I made a test buy. I scanned the receipt items purchased populated gallery,  then went into a pending status and within about five minutes rewards were credited to my account.  Any advice for linking a target so I can skip the scanning of receipts

Don't let what you don't have prevent you from enjoying what you do have.
Solved! Go to solution

Saving4Fun

@OBSHOP it’s a personal decision, and I try not to influence anyone. Ultimately, a few of us will need to use the link in order for the tech team to improve it. I feel like it’s still in a trial phase, also known as beta-testing, which comes with a lot of trial and error. You have to be willing to accept that about half of your offers will not be recognized by the link. That doesn’t mean you won’t receive credit. You’ll just need to create a ticket thru the help center each time it happens. If you go after a lot of bonus offers, where time is of the essence, it gets more complex. Even when the link recognizes your offers, it can still take up to 3 days. For me, it became way too much to handle, and I unlinked after less than a month. However, I’m actually thinking about re-linking, now that things have settled down in terms of some separate issues it created on my account. Plus, we now have @LaraL as an incredible resource to help in the event that anything goes too far astray. She’s the only reason I would consider re-linking at this point, because the help center is not equipped to handle all of the missed offers in a timely manner. Bottom line, the current software system and the resources available thru the help center are not reliable enough to ensure widespread use, at least not yet. In order to get a majority of people to use the link, it will need to be at least 95% effective at recognizing offers in less than 12 hours. Fetch and Shopkick are both achieving these numbers, if not better, with similar linking setups. Don’t get me wrong, I stand behind Ibotta, and have come to a new understanding and appreciation of its struggles. As one of the pioneers of this type of app, it experienced tremendous growth beyond anything anyone ever expected. It’s been a little more than nine years since the app was launched, and it’s already been downloaded more than 40 million times. That kind of exponential growth is not something you see very often, and I feel like it’s at a crossroads. Every decision being made right now is more crucial than ever. l know there are lots of things happening behind the scenes, and while I’ve not been given specifics, I’m hopeful we’ll see some significant improvements rolling out faster than ever. If Ibotta launches a beta-testing program including a dedicated support team to handle the issues on those accounts, then I would be much more willing to take on the obligations that come with being a guinea pig. I hope that helps explain it better. 

Solved! Go to solution

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Saving4Fun

Thanks for the advice, I'm a frequent user of Wal-Mart my pay which is linked with my Ibotta account.  That system still have a few flaws but nothing as complicated as I have read about the issues of redeeming offers from Target.  Today being the first time submitting a receipt from Target went well so with that being said I'm going to hold what I have and stick with the proven system.  Looking forward to reading more of your tips. 

Don't let what you don't have prevent you from enjoying what you do have.
0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Saving4Fun

@OBSHOP I’ll certainly keep you posted because I plan to re-link as soon as I’m confident the link will be reliable, or if perhaps beta-testing program is launched with dedicated support. I’m a beta tester for the Target app, and it’s fun to see the new features before everyone else and give feedback. Speaking of the Target app, I also . miss having the option to order online for in-store pickup. Without the link, there’s no way for those purchases to be counted. If an item was in high demand or inventory was getting low, I would order online as early as possible. I can’t wait to be able to do that again. Stay tuned. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Greenmysterymom
Shopper

Thank you for the information! I was able to upload a Walmart receipt this way.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Mjgarza
Rewards Hunter

I have this same issue I can’t upload and scan my target receipts, I just submitted a ticket to Ibotta hopefully they will give me my cash back on offers I have redeemed 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Saving4Fun

@Mjgarza Did you link Ibotta to your Target Circle? If so, you will not have an option to submit receipts. You have to choose one or the other. As long as your accounts are not linked, you should be able to submit a receipt. Some versions of the Ibotta app no longer include a receipt option on the Target page, but it’s still available on the redeem page. Make sure to sort the list by “Z-A” or “A-Z” to ensure your viewing all stores. Otherwise, you might not see Target as an option. See below for detailed documentation instructions. Also, do.not un-link and re-link multiple times in a row because it will cause issues and potential security blocks on your Ibotta account. See my previous replies in this feed for more information. 

7AED385E-E3E0-4F2D-AF0D-10D9FA8C8982.jpeg

0 Likes