cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Ibotta Chrome extension for Online Purchases, but never see cash back on those purchases. why?

audiojeney
Rewards Hunter

I've been using the Ibotta Chrome extension since it came out, but have not received any cash back from these shopping trips. Why? Am I doing something wrong? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Using Ibotta Chrome extension for Online Purchases, but never see cash back on those purchases.

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

If you could give more details, I am sure we can figure out what is going on.

First, be sure to read the details for each Online retailer.  Many have exclusions.  Some don't allow any promo codes or coupons.  Rebates may not be valid for certain categories.  

Second, after you make your purchase, the transaction will become pending.  Some retailers require you to wait up to 90 days to get your money.

Third, if you are doing Grocery Pickup & Delivery, you must select the rebates in the app or the Chrome Extension before making the purchase.

In my opinion, it would be helpful if Ibotta sent a message acknowledging my purchase and if it doesn't qualify for a rebate, explain why.  From my experience, I have made online purchases and had them rejected without any notification of what happened.  I have learned to take screenshots of the details of the rebate offer just in case they change after my order.  We shouldn't have to do this, but it is the only way I know to document my purchase. 

0 Likes

Re: Using Ibotta Chrome extension for Online Purchases, but never see cash back on those purchases.

londonjarrell77

I have also learned that each store has their own cash back products. If you look at each product when you check them, they are stamped with the stores seal ( per say) such as wal-mart .. target..  Kroger . Etc.. it also allows you to know which store carries the items.. you also will get paid a lot sooner this way.There’s  An easy way to find the complete individual stores list without going online to trigger the shopping app itself.. so you don’t make it think you’re ready to shop just yet. But you can click on your grocery store of choice.. it automatically pulls up all the choices for you.. mark the ones for that store before you enter the actual shopping website. 😊

0 Likes

londonjarrell77

Also if you have a grocery store app that is separate.. like wal-mart... you can swap back and forth. Put items in your cart as you find things on the Ibotta app you want to buy.. Especially when you find BOGO’s and FREE items.. you want to put those in your cart for sure!!! Then you can always go back and check out through the Ibotta app!!! 😜😊😇

0 Likes

londonjarrell77

If anyone wants to friend me on Facebook I can send you pics of exactly what I’m talking about to help you understand . Have fun!! Let’s make money 💰