cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Using Kroger Paper/E-Gift Cards at Self-Checkout

PT00
Core Shopper

Thank you @MB2 for this helpful post. Everyone I have talked to about Kroger gift cards just say it's a huge hassle and the cashiers don't even know how they work. Thus I have been avoiding them. I redeem mostly for Target or WM gift cards but will only do Whole Foods on Fetch because as you say, they cost more. Because of that, my Fetch balance is getting higher and higher. I've already gotten stuck with CVS and Safeway gift cards I can't use because my stores require you to print them out and I can't figure out how to do that on mobile. Even my Kroger (Fry's) requires a printout but maybe I will try the self-checkout. The only time I will get Safeway gift cards is when there is a bonus offer on Fetch like 1250 points when you spend $50. Yes, that will work on the purchase of gift cards; it's like getting a small discount. 

0 Likes

PT00
Core Shopper

@Eyegottaibotta if the associate needs to use the hand scanner, does the self checkout need to be equipped with one? Have not seen anything like that at my store.

0 Likes

Eyegottaibotta
Skilled Saver

@PT00  You don't need a hand scanner at SCO or the register. Just scan the barcode like you scan your groceries.

saracul
Deal Sharer

Gift cards that I get from Fetch work just fine at self checkout but for some reason I can never get the gift cards I get from ibotta to even scan at the machines.  Anyone else having this problem too?  I wonder if it is because Ibotta has the longer looking barcode.

0 Likes

Eyegottaibotta
Skilled Saver

@saracul I am able to scan Kroger gift cards from Ibotta at SCO with any issues. I hit pay now, scan the barcode and enter the pin.

0 Likes