cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Kroger Paper/E-Gift Cards at Self-Checkout

MB2
Deal Sharer

I thought I'd do a post on this since some programs like Fetch have Kroger paper/e-gift cars as a redemption option.  Some may not be aware but they can be used at Kroger self-checkout.  After you total your order, select Mobile/Kroger pay on the screen (or something similar), then scan your paper gift card.  After that, enter the 4 digit PIN on the paper gift card on the credit/debit card terminal.  It then will complete your order.  If you use paper coupons, after you enter them and the attendant approves them, simply hit the back button on the terminal as if you have more items to scan and then hit total again following the steps outlined above (otherwise, you'll get that annoying beep that doesn't allow you to move forward). Hopefully, this helps some people out.  

24 Replies

Re: Using Kroger Paper/E-Gift Cards at Self-Checkout

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@MB2 

This is a great post.  The main reason why I don't do the Kroger GCs is I am ignorant to how they work.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

MB2
Deal Sharer

@Rickibotta Glad it helped.  One of the reasons I do Kroger (and Safeway/Albertsons) is they give a dollar for dollar amount for the gift card unlike Walmart and Visa which cost more in points then dollar for dollar which impacts all the savings I got for using Fetch.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@MB2 

So you are saying a $5 Kroger GC costs you $5 in points FETCH, but WM costs more than just equivalent of $5 FETCH?

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

MB2
Deal Sharer

@Rickibotta Correct Walmart and Visa cost $6.00 in points (6,000) for a $5.00 card.  

0 Likes

swallow
Skilled Saver

@Rickibotta @MB2 Similar to the paper gift card, the e-gift card I got from Fetch also works at SCO without any help from the cashier. So I keep cashing out all my Fetch points to Kroger digital GC.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Am I correct that since the FETCH GC is merely a form of payment, that it does not interfere with any rebate sites paying?

0 Likes

MB2
Deal Sharer

@Rickibotta Yes, you are 100% correct.  It's a gift card for that retailer like any other that you might purchase directly from them (Kroger, etc)..  It's just another form of payment.  

0 Likes

TXbelle
Deal Expert

@MB2 , @Rickibotta 

I've been using Kroger e gift cards from Fetch and Ibotta ( gives me a completed offer and 2% earnings). I have gotten 2 Safeway/Albertsons  gift cards from Fetch. Safeway requires a paper print of the gc and this last time I had a problem printing it.  Fetch was only letting me print from my phone.  But I couldn't get my phone to accept my Bluetooth enabled printer and it wouldn't let me save it on Google drive.  The first time I got one, their email gave me a link to the gc but this time it didn't. I sent in a ticket and they were able to email the link so it worked. For Kroger,  I use the e gift card on my Fetch app, no need to print. Some sco's let me scan the barcode just like I use to checkout items, some just move me to the clerk's register and I just add the pin. 

I like to use Ibotta earnings for Walmart and Kroger gc's but sometimes I will just use my attached card to buy a Kroger one. I will greatly reduce my WM gc's  since they're creating such a hostile shopping environment. 

0 Likes

Eyegottaibotta
Deal Ambassador

@MB2 Thanks for posting, very helpful. I exclusively use e-gift cards from Fetch, Ibotta, Raise and Krogerdotcom. Just an FYI, you can skip the type of payment step, it is not necessary. Once you hit pay, just scan your barcode and enter the pin on the keypad. 

Before SCO was programmed to accept digital payments, I had to watch the cashier's head spin when I pulled out my e-gift cards. I've had them tell me that I need to print the barcode, enter the barcode manually, mobile payments were not allowed due to fraud and that my card had a zero balance. I even had a cashier tell me to just pay another way, we don't take those here. There is a serious lack of training and I found these instructions helped me to avoid the dirty looks I would get for holding up the line. 

How to use your e-gift card at the register:

Kroger.Egift.jpg