cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the Pay with Ibotta Gift Cards

Glammy

When I have tried using the gift cards to pay for purchases I have experienced some issues namely, slow or no Internet, impatient customers on line behind me, impatient cashiers, to name a few. 
So I decided to try a different approach. 
MY IDEA
I purchased my gift cards at home in advance, The App saves the gift card, numbers and pin. I took photos of them as well.
The earning was credited immediately and the bonus point awarded.
Then at the store when checking out I opened and was able to use the card immediately. It’s not the exact amount but the balance was available for my next shopping trip. If the purchase exceeded I could use an additional payment method for the balance. Voila! 
How do you guys use the Pay with Ibotta Gift cards?

4 Replies

Re: Using the Pay with Ibotta Gift Cards

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

I don't use Gift Cards (formally known as Pay with Ibotta) anymore since they only allow debit cards, which I don't use.

But when I did, I had similar issues with spotty wi-fi in stores.  I would do like you do and purchase my gift cards from home.  However, I did them in $5 denominations.  So, if I purchased $20 in groceries, I would scan in four gift cards.  I would also do it at the self checkout so I didn't hold anyone up.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

I use it every time at Walmart self checkout - I had problems once or twice with spotty internet, but for the most part, it works fine and I get an extra Ibotta credit. (As @mmoore01 knows, I was getting 5% for a while NOT .05% so it was so worth it until it dropped to the .5% that we have now.  I prefer to do 1 total and use it up, so I dont have little bits and pieces left on cards that I may or may not have to make a spread sheet to keep track of. LOL

Newsaver
Shopper

I usually just make purchases online, for example I got a 25$ Walmart gift card last week and used it to buy some stuff for my cats. But if your gunna do it in store I recommend putting it in your Apple wallet if you have an I phone. Still though many you can ship a lot of items for free at Walmart, most of the stuff I get ships free. Just not the cat litter FOR SOOOME REASON lol 

Newsaver
Shopper
  • Also make sure to put your screen to 100% brightness or it might not scan, last time I had to scan a barcode on my phone for my digital Kroger card and it took Forever for it to scan but then I put the phone to 100 % brightness and it worked