cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart app update is a downgrade

Dean
Core Shopper

The Walmart app updated on my iPhone and iPad, and made things harder for couponing. I do most of my research on an iPad so changes are more noticeable on it. Product details now show in a narrow pop up window that doesn’t take advantage of the bigger screen. It also doesn’t show additional stores in my area so looking for an item elsewhere is now more difficult. Another thing I noticed is that some additional functions in the app, like Lists and Photo, aren’t available and instead must be done on the website. This is truly dumb because 1) Lists help to find the location of items in different stores and 2) Photo used to access your devices photos for uploading. Registries, Pharmacy, and Ebooks also aren’t available in app either. This is really a downgrade in my opinion and will make it harder to research deals.

8990568D-28EC-47E9-A20F-BE5D05249351.jpeg

20 Replies

Re: Walmart app update is a downgrade

Nique
Skilled Saver

It certainly is @Dean

The app updated on my Android phone a while ago. It has been frustrating. Thankfully my iPad was still the old app, so I switched to that for planning. Then last night, it force updated while I was using it. So disappointing.

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

I did notice that it is harder to find stuff in the store with the app.

First, you have to enter your search and then you have to select In-Store.  The old app use to pull up the In-Store tab if your store carried it.

I always considered the app better for shopping in-store than the website.  But the website also removed the list of stores in my area, so it only shows one store.  I can change to another store, but this is tedious.  Once I find an item, I should be able to see every store in my area (or in a selected mile radius) that carries it and whether it is in stock.

For some things, I would travel 50 miles to another store, but the app and website do not help with this.

Dean
Core Shopper

@mmoore01  I hadn’t checked the website until now. I thought I would use it to check different stores but not anymore. It also doesn’t display properly in portrait mode on the iPad. Truly ridiculous changes for t(e worst. Guess I’ll have to start relying on Brickseek more. 

0 Likes

jlhersback
Core Shopper

Totally agree. I keep sending them feedback that app functionality is terrible. I am struggling to figure out how to search multiple store availability for my area.  It is not as user friendly as the old one. 

kynuna
Rewards Guide

Also I can’t get the price scanner to work in the store. It continually says item can’t be found when I’m literally standing in front of a stack. The price checker was one of my favorite features since they removed all the ones in the stores. Change is NOT always better

Dean
Core Shopper

I happened to get an email for a Walmart survey on the app and website experience. I made sure to explain why I didn’t like the changes. Not that I expect it to make any difference. 

Jodi-lozier
Saver

Mine updated a couple days ago. I was hoping it would get better but I don’t like it either. So frustrating 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I am gobsmacked.  I have written off WM as of 4 days ago.  Rubbish.

This never would have passed stress testing at ANY project I ever worked on.

It is worse than any other store in existence now.

The only thing worse than WALM?ART.COM is the app.

So from now on (until they fix this), I will just steal the deals those of you die-hards post.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Joymjoy
Deal Sharer

I dislike the changes so much that I wanted to send them feedback (as previously mentioned it probably won’t help). But if anyone else wants to: tap the services at the bottom of the screen.  At the very bottom of that page you can click “give feedback”