cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Walmart app update is a downgrade

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@Rickibotta   et al, Does this app update have anything to do with the “partnership “ofWM & Ibotta?

0 Likes

Jeepgirl77
Shopper

The one thing I liked about Walmart online was it showed you which items qualified for Ibotta deals... now it doesn't do that ☹️ now you have to guess if you selected the right product or not. I don't know which actually changed it but I'm not happy 😡

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Jeepgirl77 

I never noticed that in the website.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Perlebc
Shopper

Gonna do the same.  I was just telling my spouse how the Walmart app was so much more useful/intuitive/handy than Target’s app.  Later that day, I was in Walmart and saw I had the forced update.  I almost barfed was such a crappy downgrade.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

@Rickibotta 

The red and blue borders around Ibotta items was a function of the browser extension.  I believe you said you don't use the extension, so you wouldn't see it.

Yes, it was useful, but since I shop primarily in-store, it really wasn't something I needed.  For those who shop Pickup & Delivery, it was very beneficial.

I suspect when Walmart changed their app, the feature no longer worked.

Jeninvegas
Deal Sharer

I agree, I have avoided using Walmart online pick up grocery and iBotta since the change. I am now trying again and see that it does not highlight the offers like it used to. I am pretty sure this will get fixed so I may just wait a bit to shop walmart pick up with ibotta for awhile. I am concerned that I will not get the offers I buy, but I suppose if I have to I can contact iBotta, their customer service has almost always been very satisfactorily. However, now that I went to get a screenshot of the offer I see that in the cart it is coming up and as well as under the item where it shows similar products. At least it is some confirmation but still not as good as it was. If it works don't fix it!

0 Likes

Teamshaw
Deal Sharer

Glad to see I’m not the only one. I went into the store last week and tried to use the scanner to price check and it was an absolute headache!!! It would either say “no item found” or it would pull up the item to add to my cart but no price or it would be a price HIGHER than the clearance sticker. So frustrating. I absolutely hate the update

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I lucked out and they emailed me a survey request.

It got very ugly real quick.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

IN STORE BUTTON ON WEBSITE NOW

Well it is a step in the right direction.   I noticed last night .  

I still think it is stupid if I want to search for eggs, bacon, and bread, that I have to:

a) Search for eggs

b) select filter for in store

c) select filter to sort by price

then do the same 3 steps for the bacon and bread

I wish I could have default of sort by price instore.

(It seems the app keeps IN STORE filter between searches once you select it.  That is good.)

0 Likes

kynuna
Rewards Guide

I know nothing about technology, but I have seen where people who use android have been able to search ‘walmart apk mirror’ and get a download that will give them the old version of the app. As far as I know there’s nothing for ios unless you happen to have updates turned off on an older device and it didn’t update

0 Likes