Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart scan & go with Ibotta ?

hazel2020
Deal Sharer

I havent used scan and go but it looks easy 
i have some questions about Walmart scan and go 

and would like to try it on my next Walmart trip 

1.can I use physical manufacturer coupons with it ?

2.can I pay using a gift card 

3.will this work with Ibotta 

If any one has tried these please let me know thanks in advance ❤️💕

10 Replies

Re: Walmart scan & go with Ibotta ?

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

Yes, you can use Ibotta at Walmart's Scan and Go, their version of self-checkout.

If you use the Walmart app to pay, be aware that you won't get a paper receipt.  Older registers will allow paying with cash (I still carry pennies to pay on occasion) and then using Walmart Pay, but newer registers don't.

If you use Walmart Pay, you can find your receipt in the app and enter the TC number into Ibotta.  I try to scan the receipt while in the store just in case I made a mistake.  I don't have to make another trip for a return.

You can also use egift cards by scanning the bar code during payment.

Coupons can be scanned at the register, too.  I scan them at the end before hitting Pay, but some people scan them after each product they go with.

The only downside is that if you need help, you may have to wait for an associate to help you.

0 Likes

Saipan
Super Saver

You always have the option to transfer the "Scan & Go" purchase to the SCO register, and finish checking out on the screen just the same. This will allow you to use coupons, gift cards, etc...

0 Likes

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

At my Walmart, Scan and Go IS the self checkout register.

Do other Walmarts have something else called Scan and Go?

0 Likes

Saipan
Super Saver

It is a feature that comes with WM+.

0 Likes

hazel2020
Deal Sharer

Ty thanks for all the info glad to know I can use coupons and gift cards .sometimes I’m there and I try to get the scanner to take my gc and it takes for ever .maybe I can add the gc to the app ? I wish there was a video that can help me all this 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

You can't use S&G with Sam's Club and ibotta though, correct?

I believe someone mentioned that you do not get a receipt either.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Saipan
Super Saver

SC, no receipt, so won't work according to others.

WM, if you transfer the "Scan & Go" purchase to the terminal and checkout as if you scanned everything on the terminal, receipt depending on payment method. WMPay rules still apply.

Scan & Go requires you to pay with stored debit/credit card. See below. There is an option to "Finish on Terminal" or worded something like that in the app to bypass. 

Screenshot_20220329-164723_Walmart.jpg

0 Likes

hazel2020
Deal Sharer

What is a sco register?

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@hazel2020 

SCO= self checkout

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes