cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Walmart starting its own in-house grocery rewards program

Dean

@DeBottaMonster 

I have a Walmart account (for seven years according to the app) and don’t see Rewards Center in the app or on the web. Maybe it hasn’t rolled out to everyone but according to what I’ve read, it’s only available to Walmart+ subscribers. Check under Subscriptions & plans to see if you have an active W+ membership.

https://corporate.walmart.com/newsroom/2022/08/24/walmart-members-can-now-save-more-with-walmart-rew... 

Helpful Links
Ibotta | Help Center | Contact Info

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@DeBottaMonster 

No.   Just no.   Almost nothing you typed was correct.

You must be a + member,   

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Saipan
Deal Expert

Probably visible by default. Same as those that have an associate discount as an employee.

Another way of marketing unless they decide to eventually open it up to all. 

Screenshot_20220830_091207.jpg

Should be an option to scan the bar code at checkout if applicable for the rewards. 

0 Likes

Yushiulin
Deal Sharer

Be aware! Just learned today that if you received the Walmart rewards it will forfeit your ibotta rebates! You can’t double dip and it’s hard to keep track of bonus counts this way!!! Time to quit. Ibotta tend to put a lot burden on users to keep track with their rebates. It is a nightmare when there’s issues. Now they are adding another level of complications!!! If I can get rewards from Walmart why I need to continue ibotta if I can’t double dip?

I am not happy I learned this hard way! Few of my rebates didn’t show from same order and was told that because already received Walmart rewards!!! they put a confusing note and try to explain their way out of it. A reward are not a coupon! 

54331907-3814-4BF2-B93C-8B7D73959257.jpeg

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Yushiulin 

There have been several threads in this forum about this very issue.   You could have saved yourself some trouble if you had been checking in.  I understand not everyone has time to do that, but sometimes that means you get sideswiped.  It is a trade-off.

You also mentioned why bother with ibotta.

1) Not all ibotta offers for WM have a matching offer at WM rewards.

2) There are ibotta offers for other stores. 

If you don't select any WM reward for an offer, you don't have to track whether there is a competing ibotta rebate.  It basically is like any other rebate site or app.  You have to keep track of what all apps you have offers for on a particular product, and then somehow track which ones of those can stack and what ones can't.  

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Yushiulin
Deal Sharer

Hi Rick,

I did a quick search on the topic related to Walmart rewards and this is the only thread comes up that is closer to my issue.

Most of my rebates come from Walmart online/ pickup as it is more convenient shop online. After they remove the image indicating which item is qualified for rebates, it took much more time to research if an item is qualified before making purchase, so I already reduced the shopping. Now, if Walmart also offer reward which can’t be combined with the ibotta rebates, it become the choice of which one I should use. The fact that not all items are the same actually cause more issue/ tracking when there’s bonus quantities to meet…so you will loose people who choose connivence. The  advantage of ibotta is i got bigger $ if combine bonus on top of each rebates but using Walmart rewards will reduce the chance of getting bonus.

If I choose not to use Walmart rewards, then I feel bad as I did spend monthly fee on the W+ subscription already.

So in any case, ibotta is not not making improvements on the Walmart online program as they claimed but just offer another reward option for Walmart online orders. If you are an long term user you can see the change is not an advantage for user at all.

Tags (2)
0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

@Yushiulin 

I prefer to do my shopping in person.  I've tried Walmart Pickup and it was a bit frustrating.  On one occasion, I had to wait 45 minutes for my order.  And usually, something was missing.

I can't see me ever signing up for Walmart+ (or any other plus service), but I understand that there are people who depend on this feature.

Since Ibotta already allowed saving with Walmart+, I really don't understand why Walmart would introduce Walmart Rewards.  If someone wants to save more money, they could just sign up for Ibotta.

The fact that Ibotta now prevents using a coupon with a number of offers just because of this deal makes it a worse deal for everyone else. 

0 Likes

Nikkimcniknik
Deal Sharer

I don't have Walmart +either, but  'm sure that's why we can't use coupons with most ibotta offers at Walmart now. Some of the Walmart rewards and ibotta offers are the same and ibotta doesn't want double dipping, although I have seen  people have figured out a way to  o just that. I hope it doesn't make Ibotta impose more regulations to shopping at Walmart. 

0 Likes

Yushiulin
Deal Sharer

If the Walmart + reward and ibotta are not pay out buy the same entity, I don’t see why the customer can’t get rewards from both.

overall, I would rather the retailer just lower their price so people don’t need to play games. The frustration part is when you start get a hands on the rule and the rule was changed on you, make it harder… I am just tired of the game.

0 Likes

Yushiulin
Deal Sharer

I think Walmart is not introducing this on their own. Ibotta is the real entity who is handling this program. That’s why they don’t allow double dip as the money is out of same pocket. I wish they are more clear about this so that I will be able to figure out this without learning it hard way.

It is already stressful shopping through WM online offer so I think this change just make it even more stressful. Unfortunately, I can’t shop in person all the time and to get the ibotta bonus can require intense shopping trips.

0 Likes