cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome bonus

Annie1
Rewards Hunter

When I signed up for this app a few days ago it said I would receive a $20 new member bonus after purchasing 1 name brand item. I did so and never received the money so I emailed ibotta and they said the Thanksgiving meal was the new member bonus. Nowhere does it say the new bonus was not $20. 

Tags (2)
12 Replies

Re: Welcome bonus

mmoore01
Deal Expert

This is the first time I have heard this. However, Ibotta is always changing the offers to get people to sign up.

I know there was a promotion where you could earn $20 through three bonuses.  That was just a couple weeks ago. They may have replaced it with the Thanksgiving Dinner.

If you happen to have an email or a screenshot of the former promotion, they may still honor it.

Good luck.

0 Likes

hollybugg
Rewards Hunter

After you redeem 10 offers, you get the $20 welcome 

gadixie
Shopper

I did the thanksgiving and it sent an email stating I had money but for the life of me, I cannot find it. I only use ibotta on my computer not my phone. Maybe that is why?

0 Likes

Annie1
Rewards Hunter

I have bought over 10 items.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Expert

@gadixie,

My understanding is that you can only withdraw your earnings from the app.  The computer is only able to do a limited number of merchants online.

Ashleigh
Rewards Hunter

Same here. Signed up November 4th through the $20 welcome bonus ad where you enter your number to get a text to download the app and still haven't received any of it(my understanding was that it was split up between 3 offers totaling $20)and it's not showing in my bonuses. But I keep getting app notifications and emails saying "Complete your welcome bonus today" or "there's still time to earn your $20 welcome bonus" or "complete your welcome bonus before it expires" yet when I click on it, it takes me to the bonus page in the app but doesn't show me the bonus. I've redeemed around 20 offers so far(brand and all receipt ones between 6 different receipts) and still nada. When I did a help ticket on the 11th they said the same thing even though I had the screenshots of the ad I signed up with showing I submitted my number and the screenshot of the text that says "download now to start earning your$20 welcome bonus". I don't understand it because there's nothing in the t&c for the welcome bonus or Thanksgiving offers or in the help section that state that and I signed up with the $20 bonus offer, not the Thanksgiving offers. I replied back to that response with those questions and didn't hear back so I submitted a 2nd one on Monday with the screenshots of the app notifications and emails saying the welcome bonus was about to expire because I'm getting the 2-3xs a day now. If the Thanksgiving offers are in replacement of the welcome bonus why would I still be getting the emails and notifications about the welcome bonus and why is it not mentioned anywhere on either topic? Now I'm just waiting to hear back about the second ticket.

SoozerQser
Rewards Hunter

I'm having the same issue and think the $20 “offer” for new membership exceeds misleading! There is no trace of the $20 Welcome Bonus anywhere on the Ibotta App now that Ive downloaded both iOS app and Desktop Browser Extension and submitted my personal information.

That offer is the only reason I bothered with the membership set-up process. 
Such practices do not engender brand/membership loyalty.  Not good business, Ibotta!

0 Likes

Watusigirl77
Rewards Hunter

Me too. I have tried support and no answer.  Online here it says to click on the account tab...I do not have that.  being able to see my balance and refunds would be nice

0 Likes

Dana
Deal Expert

You need the app to see your account and bonuses. Online is just for purchases

0 Likes