cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What are your deal hunting strategies?

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@mmoore01   Old school - paper and pen, just that I write mine on an envelope and put the coupons inside it by store.  I re-use envelopes that come in the mail.  

I also scan the target app for TC offers or Target gift card offers to try to stack.  When I have time (not lately) - I do the same thing with CVS - check out the Extra Buck offers and app offers.  I try to be sure to load my CVS offers Saturday (at the end of the week), so they roll into the next week.  (Honestly I haven't done much CVS shopping of late either).

I generally look at Fetch 1st thing in the morning, do my SB survey and SK quick kicks. I will also load all the digital coupons on Shoprite and Stop and Shop every week, even if I'm not planning on using them.  Many times a good offer will come back and then I have 2 digitals to use on 1 offer.

cheryl_123
Deal Sharer

@LaraL I second what @Mikosmama said. It would be great to have this topic be part of the community. I would certainly reference it.

Cheryl

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Ok great! We'll get something put together. It should be ready alongside the new community layout.

Dean
Deal Sharer

I’m a new community member and was thinking about asking a similar question about strategies to maximize bonuses. For example, last weekend I completed both the Weekend Warrior and Seeing Green bonuses for $13 by waiting a bit to do both, plus got some MMs and FAOs for a few bucks more. Got lots of help by reading the community posts. Came down to the wire but got it done. Thanks! And I also write things down because I’m afraid of dropping my phone in the store. 

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dean  Glad to hear that! Also grats on hitting the Saving Green bonus, I missed mine by like, 10 items 😅

Rickibotta
Deal Expert

@mmoore01 

Can you share the linky with @LaraL that had all the dos and don't we did last year.  There is some good stuff there.

"Remember, coupons are the only money you can print without the Feds getting involved"

Rickibotta
Deal Expert

@cheryl_123 

This is never a simple question to answer because there are a lot of variables.  What store(s) do you grocer at? Do you have any other rebate apps?  How much time do you have to spend?  Do you have a strict budget?

The answers to questions such as these would greatly determine the right strategy.  It can be quite a time- consuming task, and the time commitment increases with each additional app you add

Every store usually already has websites dedicated to best deals of the week,including ibotta deal matches.  The dollar trees here have Sunday papers for $1 (YMMV),  if you use ibotta, use coupons, and are not brand sensitive, you should spend very little money on things like toothbrushes,  toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo. Conditioners, disposable razors, etc.

"Remember, coupons are the only money you can print without the Feds getting involved"

TXbelle
Rewards Guide

Cheryl, I'm retired so I have more time than some. I started Ibotta in late 2018 slowly at first because I wasn't sure about how the app worked. Plus I shopped for groceries whenever. Took me awhile to figure out the bonuses are where the money is. So shopping on Monday and Thursday helps you to get a jump on the MWMM and WW bonuses. Then the "special" bonuses will overlap the "regulars". I don't sweat the monthly level bonuses, if I finish one, woohoo, if not, oh well. Ibotta became my hobby last year and I tried to get as many FAO's and deals as I could to fill food boxes for our local food bank. If I spent a little more to get the last few offers to get a bonus, I knew the food would be used. I only donate shelf stable items (nothing that needs refrigeration). To keep me from getting overwhelmed, I don't have any other apps except my grocery store ones that have digital coupons-- very few paper ones any more. 

I check my Ibotta app and store coupon apps while I'm watching TV with my husband and make my list (also using discarded envelopes or other scratch paper). But I have my phone with me and open to Ibotta while I shop so I can verify offers match. I also have the store app especially if I can check the barcode on an item for a coupon (Target and Kroger both do that). 

Finally, don't get upset if you make a mistake like forgetting to stack a sale, coupons, and lbotta rebate. Every day is an opportunity to learn. I'm learning a ton of tricks just by reading all the posts here. 

I know that you will be a great Ibotta shopper. 

kamartin1
Core Shopper

@Rickibotta 

Plz share that link! 😊

0 Likes

kamartin1
Core Shopper

@LaraL 

I love this idea!

0 Likes