cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What are your deal hunting strategies?

kamartin1
Core Shopper

@cheryl_123 

I have been really using ibotta for nearly a year now, and I love it! Like many others, it took me a while to figure out how everything meshed, and I am still learning.

Just this question and the replies have helped me a bunch. I still like to blend “old school” methods with the new trends.”

I don’t have much to add—maybe just that as I shop, and definitely before I leave a particular store, I check my ibotta store list on my phone at the base of the app just to be sure I did not forget an offer that I planned to buy. This really helps me, even with my written list.

Rickibotta
Deal Expert

@LaraL 

Here is a dos and donts type of tread that @mmoore01 and I sort of went back and forth on last year, and others have added on to after that.  It has a lot of suggestions.

https://community.ibotta.com/t5/deals-forum/newbie-knowledge-wanted-please/m-p/8574

"Remember, coupons are the only money you can print without the Feds getting involved"

kamartin1
Core Shopper

@LaraL @Rickibotta 

Thanx for that link. It had very useful info.

0 Likes

ShannonA1
Saver

@Janet1964 (Side bar here) what’s checkouts??

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Expert

@ShannonA1 

checkout51

"Remember, coupons are the only money you can print without the Feds getting involved"

ChipL955
Deal Sharer

I watch YouTube couponing videos for the stores I shop:

Rite Aid—patel7ravi7, NYC Couponer, mrsemptynester 

CVS—Couponing with Star, Savvy Coupon Shopper

Kroger/Ralphs—Ohio Valley Couponer

Vons/Albertsons—mrsemptynester 

They are all active on Ibotta and they find unadvertised deals as well as coupons you can stack with Ibotta rebates (other savings apps, too). 

kamartin1
Core Shopper

@ChipL955 

Excellent!

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

So it seems like there are a lot of great strategies y'all are sharing so this might be a two-part sort of thing. We'll assemble one for the launch of the new layout, and we'll do another sometime shortly thereafter.

kamartin1
Core Shopper

@LaraL 

Love it!

RCKCreatEnt
Super Saver

If you have multiple cash back apps and you're on the ball for many if not all of them you might score double play stacks or better. 

I only heard of Kind Thins this year (maybe the best thing I ever put in my mouth of the Kind brand).  Without fail every one I bought had at least a double play stack but the last one I bought was a triple play (Ibotta, Fetch Rewards and Kroger cash back)