cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

What do you do when rebate goals are not counted?

Shopper

I’m super confused on what to do. I ordered 4 items from Walgreens 5 days ago.                 A honeypot body wash, wipes, cottonelle tissue, and cottonelle wipes. The items shipped but I don’t have credit after 48 hours and on a Key Food receipt my veggetizers was never counted at all. I’m missing in all 8 dollars and will lose out on the 10 Dollar bonus what do I do? My count is stuck at 46 and it hasn’t counted the Walgreens and Keyfood is still pending.                                  What do I do?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: What do you do when rebate goals are not counted?

Core Shopper

you have to put in a ticket that's the only way ibotta can help you

Highlighted

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mia, Currently, Walgreens is not a supported retailer for item-level grocery offers, so that could be part of the problem. Walmart, Instacart, Shipt and Target are currently the only retailers that support item-level offers for grocery pick-up and delivery. You can learn more that here: https://app.ibotta.com/retailers

Highlighted

Shopper

I am looking at the app and it says Honey **bleep** and Cottonelle are eligible offers. I had it shipped seven days ago and it said the bonus would be counted in 48 hours. I haven't gotten credit for the Honey **bleep** Wash or Wipes. And both the cottonelle wipes and toilet paper which had a bonus for finshing it. It's advertised on the app that I can buy from Walgreens. 

Why am I being penalized when I bought from the correct vendor and ordered online? Items that are personals and not food. Does that mean I only get cash back ordering online and not item savings?

Highlighted

Shopper

When I do not get the appropriate bonus reward goals credit, if I catch it, I just submit a ticket with  a detailed message and let them know. I am always credited for everything I earn and can verify as long as you have linked account or receipts to support your claim, they are more than happy to help.  You can even see est. Wait time for response which has been about 2 days for the past few years. 

Highlighted

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mia, You'll want to open a Care ticket as they can look at your account and purchases and best help you out. From what I see, it looks like you made an online purchase at Walgreens. The offers you see in the app, even those for Walgreens are available for instore purchases but would not apply to online purchases. Again, Care can take a look at your account and purchases directly and help you from here. 

Highlighted

Shopper

I never replied but hopefully one day that will be changed. Thank you for all the help.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Core Shopper

@Mia 

For online purchases with ibotta:

1) You must download the ibotta extension

2) Then you would launch the webpage of the store you want to us in your Chrome browser (e.g. walmart.com).  If it is a store that allows online purchases, the ibotta extension will pop up on your screen.  If it does not, that means it is not a partner for online purchases

3) You can't simply make purchases online expecting ibotta credit without 'going through' ibotta using the ibotta extension..

4) Please click the link that Julianna provided.   That will indicate which stores you can expect to get ibotta rebates back for online shopping currently.  But even then, you must go thru the chrome extension.  If it is not on that list, it won't work.

For online cashback sites, this is always the way they work.   Clickthrough establishes the tracking needed so the merchant knows it is something you bought because you went through the cashback site.  They do continue to add stores for onilne rebates, and hopefully Walgreens will be added some day. 

"Remember, coupons are the only money you can print without the Feds getting involved"