cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Have You Bought for ibotta Deal, But Didn't Like At All?

Rickibotta
Deal Master

What are some things you have tried for an ibotta deal, but just really not liked at all?

For me, part of the fun of ibotta is trying new things, especially when they are moneymakers or when you get them cheap enough to justify the purchase when trying to meet a goal.     The cheaper I get things, the more likely I am to get the maximum allowed, typically 3 or 5.   Sometimes, I don't enjoy them at all.

1) Runa Energy Drinks.  Regular price - $2.49 each.  Ended up getting 5 for $3.20.  Hated all the flavors.  Hated everything about them.  I liked them just as much as sparkling water.  Definitely one of those times I should have just bought one.

2) Sun-Maid Sour Raisin Snacks - Regular price - $3.99.   For some **bleep** reason, I didn't even try these before buying a second batch.  Bought 10 of them for $6.50.  Good price.  Not a big fan of the product though. Not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't this.

3) Many protein bars - Larabars, GFB, Rxbar, Perfect Bar, and any bar with good amount of dates.   Nuff said.  I have found some I enjoyed, but none of the aforementioned.

What are some things you just didn't like after trying?

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
20 Replies

Re: What Have You Bought for ibotta Deal, But Didn't Like At All

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Super Saver

I thought the Knorr Rice Sides were pretty terrible ☹️, but they were free so I kept getting them when they reset.  Luckily my chickens enjoyed them as a warm treat.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Where were they at?  I wish I had seen them.  I actually like those

The pasta and the noodle ones both.  

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Super Saver

@Rickibotta Sorry, it’s been awhile, maybe February.  

0 Likes

Re: What Have You Bought for ibotta Deal, But Didn't Like At All?

Texngrl
Deal Sharer

I'm with you on the bars. I think the perfect bar was one of the worst tasting. Also all of the drinks that have sucralose. I only get them if I can make a deal because I'm not drinking them. I got the yogurt covered raisins & neither I or my granddaughter liked them. We just stuck with the regular raisins. I also got the silk dairy free yogurt which to me was awful. It was like watered down goop & I prefer dairy free yogurt.

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

I love perfect bars

Re: What Have You Bought for ibotta Deal, But Didn't Like At All?I

FelskyNY
Deal Master

I'm not a big fan of the bars in general, but buy them for friends and family when they are really cheap. 

Texngrl
Deal Sharer

Oh the suja shots & drinks! **bleep** they were horrible! 

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

I haven't bought it, but I am way too cheap to spend $6.98 on the Kind cereal, even with a $2.00 Ibotta rebate.  I have tried some of the Kind bars, but they are way too expensive, too.  Has anyone tried the Kind cereal?

FelskyNY
Deal Master

I haven't tried the cereal - and only bought the bars if they were free or almost free.