cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your best monthly spend?

SaverGirl67

I know we share our best deals and awesome hauls - but I’m just curious because we all have “other items” that we need and buy with or without discounts. So instead of what did you save I’m asking what was your lowest spending month?

I had a month where I needed very little (although I still chased the deals lol) and my lowest monthly spend was $98. 

Really curious about the serious deep discount shoppers on here like @FelskyNY @Icequeen813 and @Saving4Fun but honestly curious about everyone.

Thanks for sharing!

0 Likes
17 Replies

Re: What is your best monthly spend?

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@SaverGirl67  I shop for a family of 3 - my older son is in MA.  My protein and produce are my big expenses, in addition to the wet dog food.  An average week for just the 3 of us (and my dog)  is probably $150 oop.  So I'd say an average of $600/month depending on the month.  And of course if one of them goes shopping with me, the cost skyrockets exponentially.  No you do not need a Hershey bar for $2, or the starbursts or the skittles.  And how do you so NO to a "Mom, I just want a bag of yellow lays."

I personally don't eat beef (except once in a random bbq) and I cook primarily some variation of chicken (cutlets is a staple).

If you look in my cart, you'll see oil, breadcrumbs, eggs and boneless chicken breasts EVERY WEEK.  I buy the Oil and breadcrumbs at Shoprite and the eggs and chicken at Lidl.  Yogurt is generally free.  We also only drink bottled water - so that expense adds up.  I've gotten great deals on sauce, rice, pasta, cereal, creamer, coffee and paper goods so I'm pretty stocked up for a while, as well as HABA.  I also shop for my mom and MIL (for which I am reimbursed), but often I'll make 2 huge pots of something to share.

SaverGirl67

@FelskyNY   Wow that’s some awesome shopping! I basically only shop for myself - but add my daughter’s favorites in to my cart often - and of course the bad cats. My regular monthly spend - for just me and the kitties is around $150-$200 and a lot of that is spent on fresh produce - but I do keep my freezers and pantries stocked at all times. So I’m often buying things I don’t immediately need but will use in the future. 

Thanks for sharing! 😎

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@SaverGirl67  I’m not in the same league as  those 2! TBT,  I never couponed until I retired 3yr ago! Really got into it during pandemic, used to don mask & walk the aisles of WM! January 2021  lowest month& this month not looking good.! Lack of stuff to choose. 

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@SaverGirl67  Keep in mind, I do have some version of a stockpile (no I did not convert my garage) and the stockpile may ebb and flow. 

For those of you who shop Lidl or have heard of Lidl - I get AMAZING deals there.  (I guess it's similar to Aldi's) Boneless chicken breasts are typically $1.89/lb, but on sale are $1.39 or $1.49/lb so I'll buy 10 lbs at a time.  I can pick up a dozen large eggs for .79 or as low as .59.  Same thing with butter, bread etc.  English muffins are $1.05 for 6 (yes store brand but mom likes them nonetheless). They have great prices. I also did a huge stock up on the Digiorno pizza a while back at Shoprite. 

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Icequeen813 @FelskyNY 

And I am not sure the three of us combined redeem as much as @Janet1964  or @Saving4Fun 

April, I spent about $114.   Spent $348 but got $234 back.   Lately I haven't had to buy much because I have 30 of everything it seems.  I have a lot of shelf stable almond milk.   The biggest expense was meat and some household necessities.  I either get Kroger sales of 3-lb rolls of 80//20 Ground Chuck for $5.97, or mostly I find markdowns of like 3 lbs of 90% lean for $3, etc.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta  I agree - I cut back a lot on my redemptions - I think due to time constraints, I stopped buying and submitting and tracking and scanning.  I buy what I need, what I like/use or what's free (and isn't toothpaste). I used to buy to chase the bonuses, now I'll only chase a bonus if I need just 1 or 2 more items.  I won't put together 10 items just to chase a bonus, unless I'm buying other items too. 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@FelskyNY 

IIRC both Aldi and Lidl are German companies.

I am in the extreme minority here, but I actually call it Aldi.   I am not sure why everyone calls it Aldi's.

Nobody says Kroger's, Safeway's, Meijer's, or Stop & Shop's.  But it seems as though most people have been calling it Aldi's for the 40 some years I have known of them   Perhaps it is the Mandella Effect just like Jiffy Peanut Butter <and> Looney Tunes

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta    L "ee" DL  or L 'eye' DL     same difference as Aldi or Aldi's (of which I shop neither one)

0 Likes

ChipL955
Deal Sharer

That’s funny about Kroger. I grew up in the Midwest and I always called it Kroger’s. My sister still lives there and calls it Kroger. 
Their customer service line is 1-800-KROGERS so I say I’m right! LOL