cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What is your best monthly spend?

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@FelskyNY 

Umm.  Not the same.  One is a pronunciation difference, and the other is adding an 's' or an apostrophe-s at that end.

I was not directing it at just you anyway.   As I say more people than not say it.   I just find it odd.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@SaverGirl67 

Yes, when I was on Keto, I spent closer to $500 a month or so.  Produce and special keto foods are so much more expensive.

I usually eat bagged salad as a base instead of heads of lettuce.  And I discovered Aldi 12-oz bagged salad for 89¢ and I find it is much cheaper and better than others I have used in the past.  It has beautiful thick slivers of carrots.  And its expiration date is a few weeks out.  It is so cheap, that I even separate the lettuce  in a bag to use for tacos and such.  And I prefer a great many items in Kroger brands.  Plus there are probably 10 to 20 things that I will pick up at Aldi instead of other stores. 

I really only had two things I was brand loyal to.  One is Kroger honey peanut butter spread.   It is amazing,

The other is Sunbeam bread.   If you got the right loaf the way you like it, it would last probably 3 weeks.  So soft and cushiony.  Then they messed it all up.   Smaller loaf, thinner slices, not as soft.   I am honestly sad over it.....lol

It is interesting to see how others save and shop.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@Rickibotta  I’m a rookie compared to you all I spend majority on diary, protein shakes, health & beauty…. I’m “high maintenance . Fresh Market every Tuesday  fresh ground chuck& chicken breasts$2.99 lb .also Rotisserie chicken dinner,w 2 lb side dishes & 6 fresh corn muffins $ 12.99. . We eat out at least once or twice a week.. Thai, Sushi or prime rib. We used to have a $100-150/ mo Starbucks  bill..

SaverGirl67

@Icequeen813   As a non-coffee drinker I’ll never understand the Starbucks thing. But I know a LOT of people who go every day - and spend a small fortune monthly. But honestly we all make our choices where to spend so if they’re happy I’m fine with it. I just have a problem with the ones who buy it daily and complain they’re broke. Lol

I have a “discount grocer” close to me and the prices I get there are hard to believe sometimes. But it’s inconsistent. One of my best finds was whole chickens for $0.56/lb. I bought 4 (all I had room for in my freezer) and overall they’ve saved me a ton on produce. 

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@SaverGirl67  I will always buy discounted when I can.  Anyone buy deli "ends"? Shoprite sells deli ends for .99/lb.  You have to ask at the deli counter. I used to buy the ends and dice them up for a salad or omelets. But the sodium is so high so I rarely do it now.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@FelskyNY 

My Kroger has something like that with ground beef........99¢ / lb.   

It wouldn't even form into patties.  I used it for tacos or hamburge helper

Lollykins
Core Shopper

@Rickibotta I'm originally from South Carolina, and around those parts most stores get an 's added to the name.  Wal-mart's, Kroger's, Belk's.  It's just a theory, but I think it may carry over from days when most stores were owned by a person or family.  So it was Nettles' grocery store or Brown's hardware.  

I live in FL now, and we have Aldi here. I haven't noticed anyone adding that 's on the end.  But when I go "home" or talk to relatives back home, they ALL do it.

🤣🤣

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@Lollykins  Sorry , I lived in  the South & traveled quite a bit in southern states, urban& city dwellers     don’t !  Never heard the Piggly Wiggly ,Food Lion, or Winn Dixie called anything else

0 Likes