cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What new product did you dislike

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

I probably have more beefs about some of the DEALS for particular products rather than the products per se. More times than not it's obnoxious and niggardly - if you are on Ibotta and go on this forum regularly I assume you know what 'niggardly' means - when Ibotta requires the purchase of 2+ units and just gives one buckaroo or - mehhhhh! - LESS!

A very notable example is Kite Hill yogurt which along with Brown Cow and Yoplait Oui I consider to have the most distinctively appealing taste and texture, and I think yogurt is yogurt is yogurt and I don't think I ever bought a bad yogurt. However I haven't bought Kite Hill in just over a year because I don't believe there were any brand bonuses for it to chase, and for at least a year and half Ibotta required the purchase of 2-3 units for 75 centaroos or one buckaroo and more importantly those suckers are $1.99 or north.

The last several times I bought Kite Hill to chase the brand bonus I'd get it from Kroger because they always managed to have closeout/managers specials for 99 centaroos, of course I'd buy THOSE, peel off the closeout tag from the barcode, scan it 3Xs and STILL get the cash back

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@RCKCreatEnt  What? ! No Oikos  ... that was my breakfast for weeks. I  don’t believe all yogurt is the same... some are sugar & fat laden. 

0 Likes

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Deal Expert

I disliked the Campbell’s Slow Kettle with Crunchy Topping Soup, but since it was $0.51 MM last month, I’m not made at it.

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

Yes. The Slow Kettle soups aren't anything special especially at 2 bucks for the tiny container. However, the French Onion Slow Kettle isn't really that bad. I've made better myself, but for convenience and with a $1 off 2 Ibotta rebate, I can handle that. Now, there are 2 other Ibotta products that I will not purchase again. The Trident gum has some pretty good Ibotta rebates, but I find that Orbit gum flavor lasts a good 4 times longer and doesn't produce a bad aftertaste when the flavor does diminish. Also, the fairly new Ray's sugar free barbeque sauce is really thin and watery. The original Sweet Baby Ray's is just so much better. I know Ibotta wants us to try new things, but we Americans are set in our ways and tastes. We really need more incentives and rebates on items that are tried and true. If Ibotta wants to make more internal revenue, they need to help us help them. Agreed?

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Icequeen813 ya know, somehow in my 2+ years in Ibotta I MISSED or overlooked the Oikos deals

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@Aangsparks  No I don’t agree You are making a value judgment. It’s the advertisers that want to try their products, much of it is  unhealthy crap

0 Likes

Janet1964
Super Saver

@RCKCreatEnt 

Thanks for the definition. I had never heard of that word! Lol

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

Come to think of it, maybe the only product with Ibotta cash back that I didn't buy a 2nd time when I had another cash back deal attached is the No Cow bar.  I think I was supposed to believe it was caramel or toffee but it had a leathery texture with an odd and unwelcome hint of licorice

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

I like Velveeta shells and all the Cracker Barrel mac and cheese boxes enough to chase Ibotta cash back and bonuses and token Fetch Rewards points (that unfortunately no longer seems applicable) AND boil and eat them.  However I always find there's WAAAAAY TOO MUCH cheese sauce in proportion to the amount of pasta, so I'd use pasta sauce with Gilbert's craft sausage - some of you may know that periodically carries Ibotta cash back and that there was a brand bonus for it last month - or pot-heated and browned plant based meat substitute (I vividly remember one of you dogged it out on this very post).  I would then use the cheese sauce for a larger amount of pasta to boil.

However, with frequent Ibotta cash back deals back in December for Genova albacore and yellowfin tuna (those were separate distinct deals and not 'either-or'), I really dug microwaving a cheese packet with a can of Genova tuna and I'll have to consider 2 cans of tuna with 1 cheese sauce packet

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@RCKCreatEnt  Oh my, you should have taken the cans of Genova tuna olive oil & some chopped sautéed garlic & added it to some pasta.That’s an authentic Italian dish. I buy the Genova all the time. I prefer the Bumblebee tonno , however no longer see it on the shelves