cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what’s something you won’t change even if you can get it free

SaverGirl67

Some months the FAO seem to just effortlessly roll in - and sometimes you have to stack 4 offers to make it work. We all work so hard to get the deals. But I’m curious if there’s anything you’re not willing to substitute? Even if it’s free?

I’ll go first - and it’s not food. It’s Slide cat litter. Seriously I don’t know why they even bother to make other litter. This one is perfect. And every once in a while I get pulled into some great deal only to be terribly disappointed. 

I figured I couldn’t be the only one that has something non-negotiable. So now is your chance to (virtually) say it out loud - because if something is that good it’s probably worth sharing. 

43 Replies

Re: what’s something you won’t change even if you can get it free

OBSHOP
Super Saver

@SaverGirl67 

I'm stuck on P&G laundry products.  Since 1987 I have only used P&G now that's something I'm not willing to change.

I have changed the brand of toothpaste I use.  For 20+years I used Colgate. Now I can't stand the taste of the stuff.  Currently I'm between Crest and Sensodyne.

I said this in other posts here in the forum.  Thanks to Ibotta I have ventured out of my national brands and tried different types of yogurts and dairy products. However I still haven't developed the stomach for some of the oat products.

Paying full price is optional

Saipan
Deal Ambassador

Ditto what @OBSHOP said. Virtually all my laundry detergent is in orange jugs. I don't get it free, but if I can find some at my price point, I pick some up.

I will buy Sfield yogurt at full price, rarely is that the case.

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@SaverGirl67  What a fun topic - love it! Although I had to think about it for a bit - what would I never compromise… Oh, yes, Dawn’s FOAM dish soap -it has to be foam for me and I only buy the refill bottles, so I can only find them at WM in my area. This is the only dish soap  that gets the job done in my experience.

I alternate between hand washing and using the dishwasher - I’m pretty loyal to Crest pods for that. Nothing is worse than rewashing your dishes! Well, maybe a bit exaggeration but pretty close.

My husband used to only use Heinz Ketchup but after switching to True Made’s veggie ketchup, he never looked back. It’s so good!

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Country Crock Light - during pandemic I had to do the regular when light could not be found though

Heinz Ketchup (switched to Red Gold):  Others have mentioned Heinz Ketchup.  I found that Heinz no longer has that slow pour it used to have, so it seems not as thick as it used to be.  We actually prefer Red Gold ketchup over Heinz now.  Many of you may not have it; I believe it is made in Indiana and may be regional.  I just picked up a 32 oz bottle from Menards (think Home Depot if you don't know them) for $1.69 and redeemed for $1 FETCH, so it was only 69¢

A Sad Story about A Man and his Bread

If also used to be Sunbeam giant white bread (24 oz).  It was the softest bread.  The slices were a bit larger than others.  It would last forever without molding or getting hard.   Once I went on vacation, and it was still amazing about 4 or 5 weeks after purchase, still just as soft as the day I bought it.  That may not be a good thing; perhaps it means a lot of preservatives.  But I loved it.  I would go without instead of getting anything else.  And so it was for many years.

Then last year, the loaves became 22 oz, the slices got a little smaller, and they began to mold, sometimes even before their expiration.  I have been without a bread I really enjoy for a long time now.  So I simply get Aldi bread for about 79¢.  I likely will get two loaves of Sara Lee at Kroger this week $2.69 BOGOF, and it will be okay, but sadly it won't be the Sunbeam giant loaves of yore.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

SaverGirl67

@Rickibotta  OMG I never thought what would happen if they stopped making my one non-negotiable!!  What would I do!  NO!!  Just thinking about it makes me sad.

I’m so sorry you lost your favorite bread (but yeah I’m sure the fresh forever thing was probably pretty bad for you) but having a favorite change seems worse than having it go off the market because every time you see it you’d kinda sigh in disappointment and have to choose something else. 

0 Likes

Saipan
Deal Ambassador

@Rickibotta

You submitted your rebate too? One of the oddest loyalty programs, but lucrative.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Saipan

You mean the 11% rebate?  I have not done it yet.  I forget half the time.  The weirdest is the 15% off sale they have at times where everything has to fit in the bag.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@SaverGirl67 

And it isn't like it is one flavor of chips or something.  It is a staple.

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@Rickibotta @Saipan  I used to shop at Menards periodically and had their credit card, so I took advantage of their 11% rebate from time to time. I’m so used to seeing their commercials during the 11% rebate promo, so didn’t think much of it, but yea, 11% is so random!
Menards also sends a freebie coupon for your birthday. I have so many screwdrivers (and a couple of flashlights) from that to last me more than a life time 🤣 They need to branch out and give more varieties.