cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: what’s something you won’t change even if you can get it free

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

My wife will only use Publix Creamer in her coffee.  It comes in an 8 oz carton and I feel it is way too expensive, but she says, "Aren't I worth it?"

I read over the items already listed.  We have a cat, but I have never heard of Slide Cat litter.  We are currently trying Pretty Cat litter.  Very expensive, but it is suppose to be good.  Cat litter is cat litter, to me.

We always used Tide and I still get it when it is on sale at Walgreens, but All has been so cheap that I have a huge collection of bottles in the garage.,

I have never tried Dawn's Foam.  I have been using Palmolive since it keeps my hands so soft 🙂  Remember Madge in the old Palmolive commercials?  Softens your hands while you do the dishes!

Country Crock anything - My wife will only use real butter.  She prefers Land O'Lakes, but I have been able to get her to use the Walmart brand.

SaverGirl67

@mmoore01  Slide cat litter is made by Arm&Hammer. To me it is like magic because I don’t know how they get it to clump - and stay in clumps and not fall apart - And not stick to the container!  It’s easy to clean because you don’t have to scrape the box - But because the clumps don’t fall apart you never have to dump the whole box and start fresh because it develops a bad odor. So I find this litter lasts much longer than anything else I’ve tried.

It occasionally goes on sale at Publix and I usually clear the shelf when it does because I know I won’t be buying anything else. Lol. 

ChipL955
Deal Sharer

@OBSHOP  Totally agree on the Procter & Gamble laundry products. Gotta be Downy (any Scent), Unstopables or Gain Fireworks, and Tide (Ultra Oxi or, if necessary, Ultra Stain Release only). 

Also: Sure antiperspirant (been using it so long that anything else makes me break out). Diet Coke. Charmin Ultra Strong. Garnier Whole Blends Ginger Recovery shampoo and conditioner (makes your hair smell like Christmas). And now the new Ratio Keto yogurt. It’s been great to have coupons and Ibotta offers for it but I don’t like any other brand of yogurt anymore, it’s that good (to me). . 

Tikiki
Core Shopper

Great thread! Had to think about this one for a while…
Boston Simplus Contact Lense Solution. I wear gas permeable hard contacts and the Boston Simplus is the all-in-one product of choice. I’ve tried the slightly cheaper Target and Walmart brands, but they are inferior, gum up my contacts and leave thick residue in the bottom of my case. It’s expensive stuff at $8.99 or so, but it’s also a necessity because I can’t wear glasses for any length of time. (Please let me know if you see coupons for it! 😉)

Nique
Skilled Saver

@ChipL955 Charmin Ultra Strong--just wow! I had been buying Walmart brand or Angel Soft, but thanks to couponing at CVS I get to try Charmin. I will be looking for deals on it from now on.

As for other things, Always products come to mind. They are hands-down the best.

Nique
Skilled Saver

@Tikiki Not sure I've heard of it.

That gives me one more to add: Opti-Free contact lens solution. Coupons for it don't come up too often. I won't buy other brands even if they're much cheaper.

ChipL955
Deal Sharer

@Nique  You would think that since the other type of Charmin is “Ultra Soft,” the “Ultra Strong” would be like sandpaper or burlap. But it’s not—it’s plenty soft for us. And the commercials are true—you really can use less. 

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I am spoiled.  We use Quilted Northern Ultra Plush 3-ply.

If you imagine how soft a child thinks clouds are, and like that to the 10 power, that is QNUP.

So soft, yet it does not tear any easier.  The word luxurious comes to mind.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

DanyelN
Core Shopper

Funny you mention Quilted Northern Ultra Plush.  I was coming down to reply to this thread about that product.  Sort of....

Until last week I would have said Charmin Ultra Strong Mega Rolls.  But this past week I received 2 rolls of unnamed TP to try and complete a survey on.  it was pretty great TP. I would rank it every bit the equal of my beloved Charmin  and at the end of the survey they said it was Quilted Northern Ultra Plush.  So now I have a second brand I am willing to use.  lol

I used to be a peanutbutter snob and a mayo snob but i can sometimes vary on those if the price is right  (But never Kraft mayo). 

The only other thing is Campbell's Chicken noodle Soup.  I will buy store brand cream soups for casseroles but my Chicken Noodle is sacrosanct.  I buy it by the case as Sam's, it comes out cheaper that way.

Janet1964
Rewards Advocate

Definite Sensodyne toothpaste- I tried Colgate sensitive once and used the entire tube - and I was dying by the time I finished it. I went back to sensodyne and in 3 days I was pain free. My dentist laughed when I told him. 

Oil of Olay body wash - every other body wash dries my skin and makes me itch.

Lady Speed Stick - I have tried numerous other deodorants and they all break me out, burn me or make me itch like crazy.

Miracle Whip salad dressing - no store brand or no Mayo for me.