cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatcha Got Cooking?

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Deal Expert

Has anyone started preparing their feast?  This morning I baked a cheesecake and made cornbread for dressing.  I plan to brine the turkey overnight. What are you prepping today?

0 Likes
31 Replies

Re: Whatcha Got Cooking?

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Be-Bop-A-Lula  Wow - you are ahead of the game.  I'm still trying to defrost my turkey 

0 Likes

Dana
Deal Expert

Thanksgiving takes me about 4 days to prep. I have dry brined my turkey it's out now and waiting in the fridge, I made the pies. the stuffing, the corn, brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes and gravy and cranberry sauce are being made today. Tomorrow all I have to do is cook the turkey and heat everything up and make the rolls.

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Dana  Wow - sounds delish, you sound like you have everything under control. We are only 3 of us this year (and not big Turkey eaters) so I'll make the Turkey and some stuffing/gravy/veggies and drop some off for my mom and her partner tomorrow (they are less than 10 minutes away).  My in-laws are dropping food for my MIL and we are all pretty much zooming T-day,  And my oldest is in Mass - and working Friday so we won't see him.  Too much driving, especially on a holiday.

0 Likes

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Deal Expert

@Dana You are a wonder!  Your feast will put mine to shame. You deserve to relax and enjoy the holiday.

0 Likes

Dana
Deal Expert

@FelskyNY  Thank you. It's just 4 of us my husband our 2 kids and myself. My mom, dad, brother and grams are in a red zone and we are either yellow or orange right now. So separate I'm guessing Christmas will be separate as well. Hopefully this will be done with by next year.

0 Likes

Dana
Deal Expert

@Be-Bop-A-Lula  lol. Normally we would go to my parents but they are in a red zone now. It's the first Thanksgiving that my youngest could actually eat the food so I wanted it to be as big as possible under the circumstances. Bit we will have plenty of leftovers. Turkey chowder with stuffing crackers, ham soup (I forgot to mention the ham as well) also with stuffing crackers, Ham and turkey pie, Ham and turkey sandwiches, Potato croquettes with a gravy middle, etc all the normal thanksgiving leftover meals.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

No prepping today here.  Just my son and me.

I got the 3-lb WM 'turkey breast roast'.  Directions are from frozen to the oven.  Woohoo.

Tomorrow all quick foods.

• Velveeta shells & cheese
  • Fresh green beans mixed with can of whole kernal corn
  • Mashed taters (maybe with skins.....game-time decision)
  • Hawaiian rolls
  • Chicken stuffing
  • Wicks Sugar cream pie 

(I may decide to throw in one or two starches while I am at it......lol)

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

FelskyNY
Deal Master

of course, don't forget the ham LOL.  I missed out on the turkey roast (couldn't find it) and we got a free ShopRite turkey anyway. I do make a really good gravy (or so I've been told) - I like the Heinz brown gravy from the jar (heathen that I am)

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta  you can never have too many starches. 

0 Likes