cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you follow for couponing deals?

Zombie
Rewards Guide

So I've used the KCL app for 4+ years now. I've found it really helpful, but lately (maybe the past 6-9-ish months) I've noticed a DISTINCT drop in quality.

Particularly for Walgreens (I have been working at Walgreens and couponing there since 2013), I keep seeing deals posted by KCL lately where the math doesn't add up, or it says that you will earn WC or a RR but doesn't explain the requirements (ie buy 2 get $5 WC, spend $12 get a $4 RR, etc). At first it seemed like just a mistake here and there, but lately I second guess every deal I see posted by KCL.

Recently I actually saw a deal posted by KCL claim that a DIGITAL manufacturer coupon "will deduct twice" (BEGINNER Walgreens couponing knowledge: ONLY store coupons will deduct multiple times). And she didn't respond to comments asking why it only deducted once for them. That was the last straw for me as far as KCL's reliability is concerned (I genuinely wonder if she is outsourcing her deal matchups).

Sorry for the rant... Anyway my point is - I'm looking for a new source to follow for couponing deals. I'd prefer an app to download (apps tend to use less data when checking while I'm out shopping), but I'm open to any recommendations. Where do you guys follow for couponing deals?

Stores I shop at in order of priority:

Walgreens

CVS

Meijer

Woodman's

Walmart

37 Replies

Re: Where do you follow for couponing deals?

What-Shot
Super Saver

Have you tried Kroger Krazy? It's a website but not an app. It's helpful for Kroger affiliate stores, but probably best at an original/official Kroger store. Even gives a sneak peek at the upcoming ads.

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
0 Likes

kynuna
Rewards Guide

So I used to read KCL and Hip 2 Save quite faithfully, but the quality of the deals has definitely lowered over time. Hip 2 Save seems to focus a lot on Amazon deals and other places that I rarely, or never shop.

I’ve switched to watching a lot more YouTube videos for specific stores and I feel this has been much more productive. A couple of my favorite channels are Savvy Coupon Shopper, and Jodi Dunn

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Zombie Fetch Rewards is a close second to Ibotta as my go-to cash back app. I got at least 7 Fetch Rewards-Ibotta McSTACKsky's just since I regularly started coming to this forum back in December or January

Welshcar
Skilled Saver

@Zombie  Funny, I just mentioned KCL and the lack of quality in my haul post. I completely agree, the quality has declined. I have found that their 'Brags' section is pretty good for finding some good deals. It's basically people posting their deals like they do on this site. Many of them will give a detailed breakdown of how they worked out their deals.

Dean
Core Shopper

@Zombie  I agree with you about the drop in quality of KCL, which is a shame since it’s been my go to site for years. There’s very little about couponing and just more of what looks like product placement. The search feature is still useful to find coupons though. I’m now following Free Stuff Finder. It’s has more deals posted and comments aren’t ignored like KCL. 

Lollykins
Core Shopper

I've seen a couple posts on KCL lately where they "double dip"on the WG cash or RR.  The total OOP they list has the WG cash deducted and then they say "Plus you'll get $5 in Walgreens Cash".  That's really enjoying.  And they won't respond when you question it.  

I agree that there's lots better info available through this community! 

Zombie
Rewards Guide

@What-Shot the closest Kroger store is an hour away (and somewhat the opposite direction that I drive to go into town)

0 Likes

Zombie
Rewards Guide

@Welshcar @Dean I'm glad to hear it's not just me thinking there's a quality drop in KCL posts

TBH, the brags section on KCL annoys me frequently. Occasionally I find useful brags, but ever since KCL started doing those couponing classes, the brags section is overrun by newbies posting the same few deals.

Or there's the people who very excitedly post about their MM deals who don't understand that you can't count your rewards twice - like if they buy 2x items for $10 each = $20 - $3MFR x2 = $14 and then use $12 of RR = $2 OOP and earn $10 WC and then excitedly call it a $8 MM... And then they get very upset at the people who try to explain that they actually have achieved a net loss of $4. I never say anything myself, but I feel bad for them and HOPE that they aren't just buying unneeded stuff for "MM deals" because they are struggling financially.

I hate complaining about it because I know they're excited, but all the excess brags make it difficult to find anything useful at all, now that the main content posts by KCL have dropped in quality.

Welshcar
Skilled Saver

@Zombie  Yes, now that you mention it, I did stop going there very much because those coupon class posts were super annoying and I’ll be  d am n e d if I pay someone to ‘teach’ me how to coupon as I’ve been doing it for 38 years. 
Some of the brags were a little over the top because they mentioned a lot of obscure coupons or some that were personalized to them at CVS. I also noticed they listed multiple coupons that couldn’t be stacked like $4 off $20 and $8 off $40 and you can’t stack those. 

0 Likes