cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will price adjustment result in a reversal.

dramaspoiler
Core Shopper

Do you know if I do a price adjustment after purchase will that result in a reversal?

I bought something at target and the price drop and I was thinking of doing a price adjustment.  So the question is if I redeem an offer with it will it be reversed.  I know if we return things they will be reversed but if I price adjust after purchase is that ok since I didn't return it 

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: Will price adjustment result in a reversal.

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@dramaspoiler  I see no reason for reversal..You purchased the item, you got a cheaper price…

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@dramaspoiler 

Many retailers do a price adjustment in two steps; first a return and then a repurchase.

If they do a refund at all attached to a receipt, it may result in a reversal.  TBH, I am not sure if Target interfaces with itotta like WM does, so I am not sure they ever do reversal on in-store.  But if they do, it may result in a reversal.

You can explain the situation to a CS manager and see if they are willing to do a 'no receipt' return.  I often explain things to them and mention "I will show you the receipt but I don't wish to hand it to you because I want to make sure you don't actually do a return attached to the receipt.  If you can't do this, I understand."

Even if you explicitly tell them you want to do a swap, they still may do it in two steps.  Sometimes they even do it by using an intermediary GC.

To be safe, I would try a 'no receipt' return.  If you explain very very briefly about rebate sites and reversal, etc.  And tell them you want to avoid that, they typically will do this.   Target has done this for me like all 3 times I have asked them.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@Rickibotta @dramaspoiler  Price adjustment at Target have been a separate receipt & cash back in cash or on my Red Card!

0 Likes