cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the real rebate please stand up

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

In the last month or 2 there were multiple post in the forum concerning rebate reversals, account audits, missing credits, and lockouts for various reasons.

Whatever the reasons for these actions I cannot explain. I have pondered if some of the adverse actions are caused by glitches or other errors...

In my Walmart gallery I have identical and multiple rebates for the same Butterball products. Is this an error or legit? Will 1 product trigger all the rebates or do I buy multiple products and redeem all? Or do I deselect what I think is in error. 

Screenshot_20210630-074502_Ibotta.jpg

 this is an example of what is in my gallery. I also had the same issue with Bigelow tea.  Have anyone else had this issue or encountered issues caused by multiple duplicate products?

Seasons change, gray skies will turn blue.
29 Replies

Re: Will the real rebate please stand up

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@LaraL 

What a mess!

Duplicate offers for Butterball Original Turkey Bacon <and> Butterball Fresh/Frozen Turkey Sausage Roll

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@OBSHOP 

Love the subject name!!  Maybe could have used a comma at the end though, or even an exclamation point......lol

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Nique
Rewards Advocate

I noticed the Bigelow tea offers too. There is one for $0.75 and another for $0.25. I didn’t know there were two until I scanned the item at Walmart. Both applied, but I removed the lower value one because I wasn’t sure, and don’t want to get locked out over $0.25.

When you do this, Ibotta says it will cause your receipt to be in Pending. It wasn’t long though.

@LaraL Are these considered duplicate offers? The prior doubles were for the same amounts, but these vary, and the expiration dates are very close to each other.

At first there was just one offer for $0.75. I had my eye on it, but it expired before I could go shopping. Then within 24 hours, it came back along with the new one for $0.25.

123Save
Deal Ambassador

Seeing dupes for Mrs. Butterworth's Original Syrup too. Identical offers aside from the cash back amount. Maybe the one for $0.10 was supposed to be loaded as an Any Brand syrup offer?? 

55CA2E6B-A1B3-49BE-A664-21D3211203E3.jpeg

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

So first off I just sent the Butterball duplicates and the Bigelow tea duplicates to a team that should remediate, so thank you for the heads up on these.

Second, you should not get penalized, @Nique, for both of these applying. It's a grey area but they were automatically both pushed through via our app so if you do run into any issues, let me know and I will handle it personally.

EDIT: I just added the syrup to the request as well, thank you!

mmoore01
Deal Master

I didn't have any of these duplicates, but maybe they fixed it already!

I did notice that my Mrs. Butterworth's rebate is for $1.50, not $1.00 or $.10.  Hope others got the higher rebate, too.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@mmoore01 

Nope.  I still have the butterball so you must just not have them.  I don't have any Mrs Butterworth's.

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@Nique sounds like the Bigelow Tea one should be fixed, can you confirm if you're still seeing the duplicate for me?

Nique
Rewards Advocate

@LaraL Only one now... the lower value one. Oh well, glad I have enough tea. Makes sense I guess since the other initially expired. Thank you.