cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLR Mold & Mildew

Saipan
Deal Ambassador

I have tried several cleaners to clean my bathtub/shower space. I have found this stuff to be the easiest/least toxic (lack of fumes) to work with.

Requires very little "elbow grease", especially if used regularly. I discontinued using a post daily shower surficant because CLR M&M negated a need.

Not a MM per se, but I have found the additional cost worth it. Many times there is a correlation between expense and quality.

Always save within your means. 

26 Replies

Re: CLR Mold & Mildew

OBSHOP
Super Saver

@Saipan 

If you are wanting to clean any of the following items you should try Dawn dish washing in the power spray bottle. 

• BBQ grill
  • Brake dust
  • Rims
  • Time
  • Tub
  • Pool
  • Dirty kids
  • Car
  • Gutters 
  • Stains in light colored clothes 
  • Dishes 
Paying full price is optional

Saipan
Deal Ambassador

@OBSHOP

I will have to check it out. Got some Dawn bottles to use up and some 7th Gen.

Based on your post, it seems to be pretty versatile.

OBSHOP
Super Saver

@Saipan 

Yes,  it's very versatile. The apple scent has fumes other than that it a workhorse around the house. 

Screenshot_20210731-161021_Chrome.jpg

 FYI, use original blue formula Dawn if you want to kill army worms and spiders in your lawn mix 2oz pet gallon of Water and spray lawn

Saipan
Deal Ambassador

@OBSHOP

Don't recall why, but one year I bought some yard spray and hit all four sides with the stuff. Did not see one kind of any insect the rest of the summer, no bees, no lightening bugs, no lady bugs, zero. It hurt me inside a little bit being a nature lover, but the skeeters were a nuisance at night.

Saw the neighbor on his porch he mentioned how bad the mosquitoes were that year, really all day. 

OBSHOP
Super Saver

@Saipan 

In Northern Mississippi there's an army worm infestation. I treated my lawn and tomorrow I'm planting basal, lavender,  and mint to control flying insects 

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I tried numerous things to clean stubborn spots in the tub, and finally I found the best for me.  It is my #1 favorite item from DOLLAR TREE.

What is it?

The Works toilet bowl cleaner.  I had tried all the youtube tricks to clean streaks and rings, etc.  Some were expensive and others used different household products or soaking with comet, etc.  So much scrubbing and cussing and waiting and cussing.  Then I found The Works.  Squirted it in an waited a few hours.  Got toilet brush out and...done.  I couldn't believe how amazing it was, so I was curious if it would also work on my tub, and it did.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@OBSHOP 

Does the Dawn allow spray as well as stream.  Many complained about the Palmolive Sprayaway product saying it only did stream. 

Regarding bugs, I am in a knock down drag out with little tiny ants in my kitchen.   I am holding my own,

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

OBSHOP
Super Saver

@Rickibotta 

The dawn is a foaming spray. To get rid of the ants find the source of moisture and wipe all you surfaces with fresh lemon juice.

Saipan
Deal Ambassador

@OBSHOP

Peace be with you, just did my homework. Those don't sound like no fun, and I can just imagine in the Delta. Environment is changing rapidly right now across the globe.

@Rickibotta

In the past, I have have those suckers March under the door around the corner, up the wall, and then across the counter. They had a regular formation across the threshold outside, with some detouring inside.

I abhor using it, but I sprayed some hornet spray along the threshold outside. Group started marching out and around my door. Didn't even see them this year.