cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anybody know what's going on with canned CAT FOOD??

ZenBug
Rewards Hunter

Regardless of where I go nowadays, the cat food aisle is usually barren of canned foods. They may have a few teeny cans that cost over $1.and maybe a couple cans of Friskies that are meat based and nothing with fish. Bags of dry food have also disappeared and the only ones on the shelf are the big bags of the very expensive brands. Litter is scarce as well. Dog food doesn't seem to have any such issues, And Pet stores don't sell the regular brands that Grocery Stores do, 

It's just whack-a-doodle!! Is there a secret conspiracy to rid us of our Paw-Pets & FurrBabes or what?

6 Replies

Re: Does anybody know what's going on with canned CAT FOOD??

Dean

Same here. And the same reason as other shortages - supply chain problems. Just buying what I can find for now.

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.
0 Likes

Saipan
Super Saver

@ZenBug

Welcome.

I think it is a combination of supply chain (heard something about metal cans scarcity), reselling, and lastly location.

0 Likes

Shopgirl
Skilled Saver

Yep! I usually order from Chewie though especially because sometimes you can get great discounts if you order through Ibotta (I see it’s only 1% right now )

Theresar
Deal Sharer

I don't know what is up with the shortage of canned cat food.  My cats prefer the fish based canned and it is sometimes just not on the shelf.   I absolutely love Chewy.Com for pet supplies.  They have the best customer service.  I never even gave a thought to ordering through Ibotta.  Thank you.

0 Likes

Shopgirl
Skilled Saver

@TheresarI just checked my Ibottoa earnings in the app and back in Nov you got 8% when ordering through chewy!   I see Rakuten is only 1% right now too - they are usually a bit more.

0 Likes

amyinoh
Rewards Guide

And it’s even worse for Kitten food! 

0 Likes