cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elusive Products

Icequeen813
Deal Master

Have you noticed some of those products we searched for for weeks , now show up on shelves? I’m beginning to think inventory was held back  until there wereno longer  rebates “in play”

0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: Elusive Products

mmoore01
Deal Master

I have heard this theory before.  It is possible that a manager or even a division manager could hold up stocking items they know will be in Ibotta, but it really doesn't make sense.  If the stock is not on the shelves, it won't sell.  And the stores make money on each sale.  I would think Corporate takes the loss, not the store.

Walmart has always been slow to add new items to their shelves.  The biggest problem is where to put the new items.  The shelves are mapped out to hold specific items on specific shelves.  I believe they can deviate a little, but to add one new item can require an extensive MOD to fit it in.  Therefore, MODs are only done periodically.

One of the Walmarts in my area had a Dairy case that was not allocated to anything specific.  They would place new items there so customers could see what was new.  Once room was made on the regular shelves, it was moved.  This makes a lot of sense to me.  Better to get as much merchandise on the floor than to store it in the back.

Unfortunately, the stores are not always run the way I would do it. 🙂

What-Shot
Super Saver

@Icequeen813: Which One(s) in particular are you referring to at this time?

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Icequeen813 

I am in Indy, and living in the Midwest, you grow accustomed to the fact that you will not always have the latest items that may be found on the coasts, or perhaps at a regional rollout in Chiraq.  With WM in particular, probably 80% of hot IR items are not found locally.  It often is months before they are.  For example, my WMs still do not have the Laughing Cow blends or the immunity water.  So I have never seen any of the variances you mention.  I would say it would be correlation at best rather than causation.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes