cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hungry Buddha

Loves2Save
Skilled Saver

image.jpg

After being a unicorn for some time, Sprouts offered the Hungry Buddha as part of their monthly freebies. I finally tried it and I can’t remember eating a more tasteless item. Anyone enjoy it? It doesn’t taste bad, just had zero flavor at all, no idea what you’re eating.

0 Likes
11 Replies

Re: Hungry Buddha

Saipan
Super Saver

Most of the Keto bars have a similar texture & taste. 

0 Likes

Loves2Save
Skilled Saver

@Saipan  Not the ones I’ve tried. They usually taste like almond flour or dates due to their first ingredients, plus they use more Monkfruit or other sugar substitutes. Do list the ones like this so I can avoid them! 

0 Likes

Tikiki
Rewards Advocate

@Loves2Save >BLECH!< was my exact reaction to these!!! So glad I got the first (one and only) free. 

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Loves2Save   Where did you find it?  Where the unicorns graze? 

0 Likes

Loves2Save
Skilled Saver

@Tikiki  I concur. I gave the hubs a bite and he mentioned it tasted like tree bark. Then offered to finish it. 😂

@FelskyNY  Haha yes! Unicorn 🦄 patch! 

Actually Sprouts has had them for a while, but it wasn’t an option on Ibotta. You’re clearly not missing much though. I may have picked up others a month ago (bogo or some other Sprouts deal/coupon) and am not looking forward to trying those flavors now either. 

0 Likes

Saipan
Super Saver

@Loves2Save

So same here, was in Sprigs and grabbed FAO. I bought the Coconut Cocoa variety. In fact I just ate it to provide feedback. 

Now I didn't think it was too bad, I could definitely taste the coconut, and have not found a bad coconut variety of much of anything.

I am almost certain the 3 Chocolate was available, which I would normally choose, but must have opted for the 🥥 Cocoa based on the ingredient panel. I was expecting a texture similar to the Kize bars, but it was actually kind of oily moist from the coconut butter & oil, which again wasn't too bad. 

I have found all Choco bars can sometimes lack flavor, but eat an 85% cocoa bar and you will probably have a similar experience discounting the bitterness. 

0 Likes

Loves2Save
Skilled Saver

@Saipan Interesting thanks for the feedback. The ones I got earlier might have been coconut. This last round only the triple chocolate and lemon were options for the free offer. 

I avoid most sugar, so I actually find 85% chocolate to be flavorful. Once you reduce your sugar it does a number on your taste buds. Def. didn’t enjoy it while eating sugar as part of my diet. Actually for a keto item this bar shouldn’t include the 2g of sugar either.

Sorensoj
Skilled Saver

Im glad to see this post, because I had the same reaction when I tried these bars.  I usually am able to eat anything and when it’s FAO it seems to taste even better but these bars were barely edible.  Just my opinion, but even if they were money makers I would not purchase them again.  

Tikiki
Rewards Advocate

@Sorensoj @If a mm, I might still buy, but only to give away to someone I didn’t  know…or someone I didn’t want to know anymore 😂