cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item barcode matches when scanned but not description of rebate

Tarribear
Saver

I have seen people get an item the barcode scans as a match but doesn’t match the item description, does this mean the item really qualifies?

0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Item barcode matches when scanned but not description of rebate

123Save
Core Shopper

@Tarribear Without an example or additional context, I’d say the simple answer is that the description is incorrect. I’ve noticed typos before in various places and reported them to Ibotta for correction.

If an item is scanned from within the Ibotta app and shows matched, then that’d lead me to believe all will be well with the offer after purchase.

0 Likes

Tarribear
Saver

For example, the offer says 24 count juice only but the 16 count barcode scans as matching.   Or the offer says blueberry only but it scans matching for strawberry.

0 Likes

SoCalHal
Rewards Guide

My take: The size or flavor listed in the description, is the only one for which the offer is intended. Otherwise, they wouldn’t have specified, and it would’ve been wide open to all the variations. If it scans as a match anyway, that could be a glitch. Since a lot of non-Walmart receipts go into Pending before the value is awarded, I’d be worried that the mismatch could get flagged at that step.

We’ve also seen posts from people who had earnings reversed weeks, or even months after the initial award. I haven’t seen anyone explicitly say this type of thing led to their reversal, but when they have questions about one’s activity and conduct an audit, you can expect any number of past discrepancies to suddenly catch their attention. IMO, it’s just not worth it to try to redeem something when you know in advance that it’s not what they identified. 

0 Likes

Tarribear
Saver

@SoCalHal I agree with you, just wanted to make sure in case I was missing something.  Thanks.

0 Likes