cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kellogg's Insta-bowls

mmoore01
Deal Master

Kellogg has come out with a new product called Insta-bowls.  This is small bowls of cereal that includes powdered milk.  Just add water.

Ibotta has three $.50 offers for different flavors of Kellogg's cereals.

My post here is to find out who thinks this is a good idea.  Will you try them?

For more information, here is a link to a story on this new product:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/08/business-food/kelloggs-new-cereal/index.html

6 Replies

Re: Kellogg's Insta-bowls

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@mmoore01 

I would definitely try them for the right price. 

Excuse my ignorance, but is powdered milk still a thing.  I know my mom used to use it a lot, but she died in 1974, so that was a long long time ago....lol.

I have just not heard of its use since then really.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

mom2furkids
Deal Ambassador

@mmoore01 As someone who eats cereal regularly, I would try this, but not for more than .50 OOP. I only drink skim milk, so the use of powdered milk may be okay to my palate esp combined with sweet cereal, but the smell of powdered milk is not enticing to me.

@Rickibotta To answer your question about powered milk, yep it is still a thing, however I only use it in baking. My absolute favorite pie is Coconut Cream Pie which I make using powdered milk and it is so delicious!

0 Likes

KM06
Skilled Saver

According to the Walmart App my Walmart has these in stock for $1.98.  With $.50 back I'm not sure about it.  If I was preparing for weather related power outages and I needed cereal for the morning maybe.  If anyone does buy and try let us know what you think.

0 Likes

TXbelle
Super Saver

@Rickibotta @mom2furkids 

I keep non-fat dry milk in the freezer. I use it when I make bread in my bread machine.  I mostly use the machine to mix and knead the dough then I take it out, knead it a little more,  then divide and shape into 2 loaves, then give them a final rise before baking. Makes really good bread and toast. Freezes well, too. The powdered milk helps prevent germs from growing and contaminating the dough. Makes any type of bread. 

Oh forgot to add powdered milk is expensive so keeping it in the freezer keeps the flavor.  And my bread machine was  $2 at a garage sale! 

mom2furkids
Deal Ambassador

@TXbelle Thank you for sharing. I have never thought about keeping my powered milk in the freezer but that is an excellent tip! I also use it to make homemade latte mix when the weather cools down. I'm going to follow your example and keep some in the freezer going forward, esp since I don't use it as often in the warmer* months and as you said it is quite expensive. And what an amazing find- $2.00 for a bread maker! That is awesome!

*Edited for typo

mmoore01
Deal Master

Other than @KM06 , has anyone else found these new Insta-Bowls at their Walmart?

I still haven't found them in the Walmart app and my Walmart doesn't have them yet.

Though these aren't free, I was interested in trying one, just to see how they taste.  I am interested in the Raisin Bran Crunch variety.

0 Likes