cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

No, it’s not you again, Nature’s Own!

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

So, I was taunted by the Nature’s Own bread offer every time I opened WM or Target online gallery in my app. This is the one offer I could NOT score during the recent BTS promo and I felt defeated.☹️

Since the BTS promo finally ended yesterday, I thought I’ll finally be freed from the Nature’s Own curse (?) but NO, I was wrong!

We now have a new offer (not FAO). I checked around m, but of course, none of my stores carry these buns or rolls. Is anyone in this community from Nature’s Own by any chance? Or if you know someone who works there, maybe you can whisper into their ears by saying, ‘hey, it’s time to roll out in IL…’ 

D7A77590-B1AD-4351-9677-48144CBAE0AD.jpeg

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: No, it’s not you again, Nature’s Own!

Skim
Saver

This is a good basic recipe  Bread Pudding II from Allrecipes  but you will find that pretty much everyone who commented/rated basically adjusted to make it their own. I increased the bread by 2 slices, only used 3 eggs, added 1/4 tsp more cinnamon, dash of clove  and added 1 additional Tbsp of butter. I soak the raisins for a bit.  The recipe calls for 3/4 cup of sugar. I use 1/2 cup white and 1/4 brown instead. Instead of 2 cups of milk, I use 1 cup of milk and 1/2 cup carnation evaporated and 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream. Probably doesn’t make a darn bit of difference but that’s what I had on hand one day and I loved it. I warm the milk a bit and then add the sugar and spices.  
It’s pretty good stuff but I’m gross and can very easily eat the whole thing in one sitting so I only make it when there’s company.  

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

mickootay
Core Shopper

@Xiao you're seriously not missing out on Nature's Own bread. It's horrible! It smells of plastic,  and it's so weirdly spongy. I feed it to the crows. I've tried 3 times, just can't bring myself to eat it. That's my opinion though, and I know tastes are unique and individual and all that....😶

Solved! Go to solution

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@mickootay  Thank you for sharing your review! I feel better that I’m not missing out😂 Just curious- which kind(s) have you tried? I’ve read in the past thread that the whole wheat wasn’t great but the butter bread was pretty good.  

Solved! Go to solution

Skim
Saver

I totally agree, @mickootay I’ll grab it if I can get it for super cheap and made a bread pudding out of it but that’s about it. 

But good luck @Xiao  .. I know it’s still fun to at least have a chance to grab some of these things cheap/free. 

Solved! Go to solution

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@Skim  Bread pudding - yum! Do you have a good recipe you can share?

Solved! Go to solution

Skim
Saver

This is a good basic recipe  Bread Pudding II from Allrecipes  but you will find that pretty much everyone who commented/rated basically adjusted to make it their own. I increased the bread by 2 slices, only used 3 eggs, added 1/4 tsp more cinnamon, dash of clove  and added 1 additional Tbsp of butter. I soak the raisins for a bit.  The recipe calls for 3/4 cup of sugar. I use 1/2 cup white and 1/4 brown instead. Instead of 2 cups of milk, I use 1 cup of milk and 1/2 cup carnation evaporated and 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream. Probably doesn’t make a darn bit of difference but that’s what I had on hand one day and I loved it. I warm the milk a bit and then add the sugar and spices.  
It’s pretty good stuff but I’m gross and can very easily eat the whole thing in one sitting so I only make it when there’s company.  

View solution in original post

Solved! Go to solution

mickootay
Core Shopper

@Xiao I think it was the whole wheat, but I have bought the other varieties in the past, but they all seem to have this strange smell and taste to it.

I need to make some bread pudding soon! You'll should try some bourbon sauce with it! 

Solved! Go to solution

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@Skim  Aww, this sounds AMAZING! Thank you for sharing the recipe. I’m going to try this with your personal twist as well. Can’t wait!🍞

Maybe you could share this on the potluck thread, too? Sorry if you already have.