cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Non-Dairy Milk and Jarred sauces?

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Savingcraze  Thanks for weighing in - I do appreciate everyone adding their opinions. 

0 Likes

cjwoody
Core Shopper

@FelskyNY  I will also second @minivan100 ‘s take on Califia Farms oat milk.  That product runs neck and neck with NotMilk for me.

0 Likes

Nique
Skilled Saver

I also like Califia Farms, though it seems their ingredients have changed. I made Mac and cheese some time ago using almond milk (don’t recall which brand) and I couldn’t tell the difference. I favor brands with fewer ingredients, such as Simply Almond. The original unsweetened Mooala is pretty good too.

For those who like NotMilk and have Stop & Shop, starting tomorrow it’s on sale 2/$5, making it a $0.99 MM. I have yet to try this brand. 

@FelskyNY I’m glad to hear the Fody sauce is good. 

0 Likes

Modelgurl26
Deal Sharer

Haven’t tried non dairy cream-like sauces yet, but I have been using simple truth lactose free milk (From Fry’s/Kroger). That seems to help a little with IBS symptoms. 

0 Likes

Tikiki
Core Shopper

@FelskyNY   We’ve enjoyed the taste of the NotMilk too. As @cjwoody (I think it was) said, it can be heated up without breaking or curdling. The Chobani and Silk Oat Milk are also OK, but they both have a sweet taste (even the plain flavors) to them which is not great for a savory dish. 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@FelskyNY 

I think you know this, but I am not a healthy eater.  I like almost no products in this area or vegan options.  I am hopelessly a carnivorous unhealthy eater.  I have tried many non-dairy 'milk products', and my personal favorites are all  Almond Breeze almond milk products.

I got tired or paying too much for alfredo sauce, so I have made my own with milk for some time often, and I have even used BDAB milk.

I like their products because I like all of these, so it is flexible:

• Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Vanilla Almondmilk, 64 oz  - this is the best 'milk' I have ever drank period.  But I love vanilla.  Imagine a full-bodied regular milk with a vanilla flaroring, all at 80 calories (same as skim milk)
  • Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Hint of Honey Vanilla Almondmilk, 64 oz  - just a light variation of the one above; the honey adds a small kick; not overpowering  (I don't really mess with honey, but I love this)  
  • Blue Diamond Chocolate  Almondmilk, 64 oz  - yummylicious;  you would assume it was just regular milk  (100 calories) by tasting it

There also are variants of all the above with lower calories as well if you find them too sweet,

I also like to get the shelf stable versions as well sometimes when space is short in the fridge.

I like the alfredo sauces made from the BDAB products.  I always try a different recipe, so I never know how it will come out, but I have liked them all.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Have you tried A2?

Saipan
Deal Ambassador

@FelskyNY

Have they/you tried A2 Milk? It is kind of pricey but may make the difference. 

I have never had issues consuming regular milk but have noticed some stomach bloat on occasion. A milk drinker and needing to redeem an offer or two, I tried A2 out of curiosity. 

I didn't notice the difference right away until after a time or two switching between "regular" milk and A2, but I had substantially less bloat discomfort when I drank/drink A2, mainly in my morning bowl.

Since this discovery, I have added A2 to my product rotation I seek to save on. Some of the claims on their website are of Lactose intolerant individuals that can now enjoy genuine milk again. 

A2 Milk

Re: Have you tried A2?

cjwoody
Core Shopper

@FelskyNY  The A2 milk is a great suggestion from @Saipan .  Second time this week I have heard it mentioned with regard to gut health. 

0 Likes

TXbelle
Skilled Saver

@FelskyNY @cjwoody , I totally agree with cjwoody, the Not Milk, both 2% and full fat, looks and tastes like real milk. I have tried the oat milks, banana milk, and almond milks (thanks to Ibotta) and Not Milk is a brand I would pay real $$$ for. I don't use alot of milk but I want a creamy flavor in my coffee. I have not tried to use any of the plant milks in cooking because I have been afraid it would alter the flavor or texture. 

I really don't care for the Mooala milks, especially the banana one. It was ok on cereal but I drank my morning coffee black cuz it didn't taste good with this stuff and I am too cheap to toss it even though it was free...

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta @TXbelle @cjwoody @Saipan @Tikiki   Wow guys -thank you all so much.  There is a free oat milk at Stop and Shop so I'll pick that up and I have the free coupon for the NotMilk so I'm going to start with those 2 (give the price and the size of my fridge), but I will definitely check out the other non-dairy milks as I go along. I also saw the A2 and Almond Breeze - it's amazing how many products are on the market.

It looks like we are all in agreement to make my own alfredo sauce, rather than trying a jarred one. I did sign up for Daiya and then sent me a $1 email coupon  (yay) 

0 Likes