cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palmolive SprayAway: Your Impression?

What-Shot
Super Saver

If you've purchased/used Palmolive SprayAway, what was your impression of the spray feature?

Personally, I like the concept of spray-on dish deterg. Unfortunately, it comes out in a STREAM rather than a SPRAY and is not adjustable. Thus, it does not evenly distribute over my dirty dishes as purported.

I'm wondering if the nozzle on mine is defective? I've already received my ibotta rebate (and ShopKicks, too), so I'm afraid to attempt an exchange but look forward to the impressions of others. 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
15 Replies

Re: Palmolive SprayAway: Your Impression?

pampowell1212
Shopper

My spray comes out in a stream also. I love the idea but it needs to be able to spray instead of just a stream. I feel like I am wasting it because I want to cover all of my pan. 

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Thanks for the feedback.   It will be a pass for me then.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Janet1964
Super Saver

That is disappointing. I haven’t tried it yet. I was waiting to finish the bottle of liquid I have already opened.
Have you thought about switching sprayers from another bottle that you are about to throw away to see if it will spray? Or buy a new empty spray bottle at dollar tree? Just a thought.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

I haven't tried it yet either.   I agree with @Janet1964 try switching it into another bottle maybe?  I would NOT try to exchange it.

0 Likes

MelissaR
Skilled Saver

I'm glad you posted, I was wondering if I was doing something wrong!  Agree that it comes out in a foamy stream.  I feel like I'm over-using it to cover my baking dishes.  2nd, the smell is over-powerful.   I think I'm going to do as @Janet1964 suggested, and pour it in my Dawn spray bottle.  At least that bottle gives you all over foamy mist.  I don't think I'll be purchasing unless they come out with another scent, or fix the nozzle.

0 Likes

SJYoung
Deal Sharer

I'm not big on the sprayer, either. I would rather have an option for stream or spray, but it only does stream. 

It works as well as Dawn Powerwash for a lower price, so I like that. 

The scent is way too chemical. Dawn managed to make theirs smell good, so I know it can be done. 

I'd be a repeat buyer if it didn't smell like lawn chemicals and had a better sprayer.

We shouldn't have to buy another bottle to empty this into to get the action we desire. 

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@SJYoung  I'm glad I only paid some loose change for it then.  

Has anyone tried the Element 9 dish soap yet?  I have NOT, but I heard it isn't great. 

0 Likes

Nique
Skilled Saver

I'm currently using the 9 Elements dish soap. Glad it was only $0.99. 

Very little comes out when you squeeze the bottle. It gets the dishes clean and smells nice and light. It doesn't foam up like other dish soaps, which is okay. Downside is that it seems like I have to use a lot. Unlikely to buy again, unless it is $0.99.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Nique  That's basically what I heard. It doesn't foam up a lot and you have to use a lot. I have 3 sitting under my sink.  They will get used up eventually.  Thanks for your impression.