cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant-Based Life

mrsdkwallace
Deal Sharer

I know plant-based is the way to go. However, I'm having the most difficult time finding products that I can stomach. What are some plant-based products I can try that are actually pleasing to the palate? 

7 Replies

Re: Plant-Based Life

Saipan
Deal Expert

@mrsdkwallace

The only plant based I mess with heavily are protein bars. Some of my favorite are:

Perfect Bar

Gomacro Macrobars

Core Bars (are okay, but my favorite are above) 

cjwoody
Super Saver

@mrsdkwallace  Generally, plant-based “chicken” nuggets are the best meat alternatives.  So far, I think “Like Meat” are the best, and honorable mention to Simulate and Alpha nuggets.  They are all best prepared in an air fryer.

For plant-based milk, I like NotMilk and Calfia  Farms the best.

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

Plant based foods usually take awhile to get used too. My family loves Violife products. They taste almost like real cheese. Enjoy Life is another go to for my household. If you can afford a splurge every now and then, try No Whey candy. They are delicious! Unreal candy is good too. We also enjoy Banza or chickpea pasta. Caulipower noodles are also a win for my kids. It does take awhile to get used to the flavors of plant based foods but it is essential if you live in a multiple food allergy household like myself. Best thing you can do is just try one product every trip and if you like it, add it to a list of liked foods so you don't forget about it and where you bought it. Hope you find some great tasting products soon.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@mrsdkwallace 

Almost all the breaded fake chicken products are pretty good.

Some that are very good are Nuggs, Incogmeato, Quorn, Gardein.

All of the fake beef are just awful IMHO.  If I had to quit meat, I would just quit meat.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Kmkdenali
Deal Sharer

I recently tried the Lightlife plant based burgers because of an awesome deal IBOTTA had. It was $4.50 in Walmart for two burgers. That’s an expensive risk to take, but  there were two deals applying: $3 back and $2 back, so it was actually a money maker! My hunny and I really like them too. Good thing too because I bought the max amount! Then both offers refreshed! I think you have to bite into them knowing it’s not a beef burger, won’t taste like a beef burger, and just accepting the fact  that it’s just something different, then it’s fine. IBOTTA makes it possible for me to introduce new foods like this to my family. Thank you, IBOTTA!!

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Kmkdenali 

It sure feels good when you max out and you like the product.  I nearly always max out on things I likely will buy.  I rarely go after bonuses, so there is little reason not to  when it is a moneymaker or very inexpensive.

I think my best bet at eating a fake 'burger' would be to mix up black beans, cumin, garlic, red & yellow peppers. corn pico, and Cleveland Kraut gnar gnar.  I am not sure if something would bind all of that, but it sounds really good.........lol  I guess that isn't really a burger though.  but now I am hungry.........thanks a lot..........lol

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Tikiki
Rewards Advocate

AB1120D2-985C-4899-8D9A-1CFBE2FC96FE.jpeg

@mrsdkwallace 

As a nearly lifelong textural vegetarian and sometime vegan, I’ve got to ask: What are your plant-based goals? Health reasons? Weight loss? Ethical reasons?

I’m happy to share my favorite products, books and ideas but would want to cater them to your goals. (BTW I LOVE plants 🌱 😂)

0 Likes