cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simply Gum

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

I am reviewing Simply gum, a new product featured on Ibotta.  This is not the typical chewing gum some may have become accustomed to chewing. The packaging and contents, flavor, texture, and chewing time are all distinguishable from the common pack of Orbit or Extra brand chewing gums which are also featured in my Ibotta gallery.

The packaging is a standard cardboard box wrapped in plastic with two internal compartments. The larger hold the chewing 15 chewing gum pieces and the other hold the post chewing wrappers.  The actual chewing gum pieces looks like pellets of dry hamster food and none of the pieces are uniform in shape or size.  Stepping on discarded chewing gum is disgusting; post chew wraps are provided in every box. these are wax coated pieces of paper to discard chewed gum it becomes very tacky after chewing. 

I am unaware of the availability of other flavors; I purchased the natural peppermint, which is very mild and does not last very long maybe 15 at most after starting to chew. After the rapid dissipation of the flavor gum becomes mushy and uncomfortable to irritating. 

Simply gum's best attribute, it is produced using seven organic and natural ingredients.  Chicle being the main ingredient is nothing more than sap from sapodilla trees and has been chewed for centuries.  If any of you can remember the little boxes of Chiclet chewing gum this is the origin of those with an extra bright colored shell and many more additives. 

I don't foresee purchasing Simply gum. I did not like the weak flavor, the chewing texture, or the tackiness. Has anyone else tried Simply Gum yet? please feel free to share your opinion.        

OBSHOP_1-1638984222089.jpeg

Every journey starts with the first step
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Simply Gum

Nique
Rewards Advocate

Thanks for the review, I noticed this in my gallery yesterday and wondered about this product. Sounds like a pass.

0 Likes

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

That was a good review. My first thought was that the gum doesn't look appealing at all. I will not be purchasing this either.

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Marethundsabre @Nique 

I forgot to mention it's expensive $2.99 per pack. Now that is really unappealing. 

Every journey starts with the first step
0 Likes

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

@OBSHOP,

Wow! That is pricey. Definitely would not be worth buying. It would be different if it actually tasted good and the texture was right. I think I will just stick with Trident. I don't buy often but I do around this time a year because my nieces and nephews love gum. I like to sneak it under their pillows when they are asleep. Been doing it for years and they still have not figured out which relative is doing it. I have a feeling they will figure it out next year as come spring I am moving to Minnesota and won't be able to come home for Christmas. I thought if buying this particular gum this year for the kids but I am glad you reviewed it because now I know to stay clear away from it.

Janet1964
Super Saver

@OBSHOP 

I think I will pass too!

0 Likes

TXbelle
Super Saver

Thought I would put in my 2cents. Ibotta has a $3 rebate at WF's for a 55 ct pkg. It's on sale for $3.99 or $3.59prime. I bought some spearmint and am chewing some now. It won't help with bad breath as the flavor is very mild. But for me,  strong aromas and flavors cause me to choke and cough. Therefore,  this is actually better for me.  With tax my oop for the box is $.89. In these uncertain Ibotta times it's a no coupon pretty good deal...

0 Likes