cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Charmin Curve

What-Shot
Super Saver

Yesterday I noticed for the first time that the perforated edge of the Charmin squares is curved.  Am I late to the game? Or is this a new feature?

20210807_123103.jpg

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
10 Replies

Re: The Charmin Curve

Rickibotta
Deal Master

They have been doing this for a year or so.  I found a post I did on another site from September 2020 for the ultra soft.  I was having difficulty getting it to tear properly.  

They seemed to be trying to fix a problem that didn't exist.  I have been avoiding Charmin the last 11 months since I don't know which products do this.

I recently got some Charmin as part of a WAGS deal, and I hope they don't have that 'crappy' wavy perforation

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

What-Shot
Super Saver

We always get our Charmin at Costco. It's a bit different than Charmin from regular stores. For starters, it has WIDER sheets (which I prefer). The curve requires a harder "tug" to get it to separate. The main reason I prefer the Costco version of Charmin is because it does not leave so much dusty residue in our bathrooms! 

I merely found the curve to be amusing. 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
0 Likes

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@What-Shot  Oh, no - I just bought some Charmin Ultra Soft from Target today because it was part of their household bundle deal (buy $50 worth to get $15 GC) and they also had $0.25 DQ. I haven’t bought Charmin in a while, so the wavy ends are definitely news to me. Thanks for the heads-up!

FelskyNY
Deal Master

No butts about it, we primarily use Charmin in my house.  I primarily bought it at CVS when they had spend $30 get $10 and they actually had Charmin and Bounty in stock (pre-Covid).  It is the brand favorite (I have no idea why).  I have not noted the wavy edges (all though I buy the essential).

0 Likes

DanyelN
Skilled Saver

I admit to being a Charmin snob but I was not aware of this change.  Then again as a household of one I don't go through TP very quickly.  I buy at Sam's so it has been months since I purchased any.  I'll be on the lookout next time.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@DanyelN 

I am thinking it is just on Charmin Ultra Soft. 

At one time, they said it was on select rolls of Ultra Soft, so I don't know if it is all the Ultra Soft now or not.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

DanyelN
Skilled Saver

No wonder I have not seen it then, I am an Ultra Strong kinda gal.  lol

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@DanyelN 

My eyes not so good.    So I have been seeing your name as DanyeIN.

So I thought your name was Danye and you were from Indiana.   

I was not seeing the L.

I had been wondering where you were from in Indiana....lol

DanyelN
Skilled Saver

Nope just plain old Danyel N from Alabama but you are not the first thin think it was an I.  lol.  Just my first name middle initial. but the DanyelN username has been with me since the mid 90s.

0 Likes